LCH.Clearnet Group Limited (LCH.Clearnet) today announces its results for the year ended 31 December 2011.
• Underlying net revenues up 16% to €387.2 million (2010: €335.0 million)
• Underlying operating profit up 81% to €106.9 million (2010: €58.9 million)
• Clearing income up 16%
• Net investment income up 21%
• Strong volume growth across all key business areas
• Tier 1 capital ratio of 17.3%
• Expansion of multi asset offering - FX ready to launch and CDS service to be enhanced in 2012
• Appointment of new CEO and investment in senior talent
• Implementation of a transformation plan to position the Group for further growth in a changing regulatory and competitive environment
• Development of a single infrastructure across group to eliminate costly duplication
• Successful resolution of MF Global default (closed market positions with a combined notional value of over €14.7 billion); no recourse to Default Fund
Commenting on performance Ian Axe, Chief Executive, said: "We had a successful year in which underlying revenues were up 16% and underlying operating profit was up substantially by 81%. This is testimony to the strong growth in our core exchange clearing business as well as our fast growing OTC business.
Since my appointment in April last year I set a clear goal of transforming this business into an efficient, commercially minded organisation focused on risk management. We believe that will be the winning combination in an increasingly competitive and complex environment. I am pleased to say that we have made some major strides towards that objective this year, eliminating duplication, increasing our leadership position in OTC derivatives and bringing together our collateral and liquidity management functions into a single focal point."
Read the full statement here:» Download the document now 345.7 kb (PDF File)