Wells Fargo Funds Management, LLC, announced today the launch of the mobile version of the Wells Fargo Advantage Funds website.
Visitors can access the mobile website on all smartphones, including iPhone, BlackBerry, and Android devices, at wfaf.com.
"The trend of utilizing mobile devices to access the internet continues to grow, with some industry experts even predicting that smartphone sales will outpace personal computer and laptop sales in 2012,"1 said Karla Rabusch, president of Wells Fargo Advantage Funds. "We want to ensure that our clients are able to easily access the information needed to make timely and informed investment decisions, and this additional resource further strengthens our commitment to putting our clients first. It also complements existing resources, including our full-service website and 24-hour call center."
Visitors who use their smartphones to access the Wells Fargo Advantage Funds website will be automatically redirected to the mobile version. The mobile website's content is organized by the following categories:
Our Funds: Provides current fund information, such as daily data, performance, holdings, and fund history.
Market Insights: Displays the 10 most recently published thought leadership pieces. These pieces include:
- AdvantageVoice entries—Blog posts that identify and analyze interesting situations that are happening in the financial marketplace, in order to engage in dialogue with our clients.
- On the Trading DeskSM —A weekly investment news and personal finance podcast from Wells Fargo Advantage Funds portfolio managers and industry experts.
- Market Roundup—A monthly commentary with insight into the equity and fixed-income markets, analysis of economic news and data, and tactical and strategic asset allocation recommendations from our experienced team of capital market strategists.
- Economic News and Analysis—Our market strategists' professional views on time-sensitive market trends and information, including economic data reports, U.S. Federal Reserve movements, and other newsworthy events that may affect investors.
- Investment Perspectives—Commentaries that focus on the challenges and opportunities in a particular asset class from the perspective of our portfolio managers and analyst teams.
Wells Fargo Daily Advantage: Summarizes daily market and business news in a recap that aims to be both witty and insightful.
About Us: Tells the Wells Fargo Advantage Funds story in a concise manner and provides contact information for visitors.
View Full Site: Directs to the home page of the Wells Fargo Advantage Funds website.
Add to Home Screen: Allows visitors to add an icon for the wfaf.com mobile site directly to the home screen of their smartphones.
"As needs and preferences evolve, we know it is crucial to understand and provide the tools and resources necessary to help our clients meet their needs and financial goals," said Tom Steffen, head of e-Business for Wells Fargo Advantage Funds. "The mobile website is the latest in a series of web enhancements we have implemented and is another example of how we support our clients through every stage of the investment decision process."
In November 2011, the fund family launched a redesigned Institutional Cash Management site, where visitors can find extensive Wells Fargo Advantage Money Market Fund information and resources; the RIA Advantage portal was launched in June 2011 to help registered investment advisors build stronger practices; and in January 2011, the AdvantageVoice blog was launched.
1. "Ten Questions Internet Execs Should Ask & Answer," November 16, 2010, Mary Meeker, Scott Devitt, Liang Wu, Morgan Stanley