Santander has launched a brand new account alerts service for all its online banking current account and savings customers, which means they can now get text messages straight to their mobile phone providing essential information about their current or account or savings balance, deposits and debits.
Following a successful trial of the service, customers can register at santander.co.uk/register for all four alerts to help improve personal money management, which are:
- Large deposit/high value credit alert, which would show when a customer has been paid, for example over £100
- Low balance alert which shows when a customer is approaching a pre-selected balance. Customers can set their own amount down to £1
- High value debit alerts showing when large debits like mortgage payments leave a customer's account (minimum £50 or more)
- High balance alert confirming when the total balance goes over a certain amount again set by the customer.
Matthew Timms, eCommerce director at Santander, said: "We are constantly looking to help customers better manage their finances, our new text alerts service will give customers more control over their banking and finances. Customer research highlights that this ultimately improves their satisfaction with our service. Santander is working hard to improve customer service across the board and our new text alerts service is a further demonstration of our commitment to do better."
Online Banking Guarantee
Santander has also recently updated its Online Banking Guarantee which confirms that in the unlikely event funds are taken from a customer's account without permission, Santander will pay back any loss incurred from fraud, up to the value of the amount fraudulently taken.*
In August Santander re-launched its online banking service, which now features improved security for safer banking, a helpful single platform where customers can see information for all their Santander current accounts, savings and credit cards in one place and subscribe to paperless statements.
New features for customers
- View all accounts in one place including credit cards
- Paperless statements allowinging mailed statements to be turned off and all their statements stored online for easy access
- Email alerts to let customers know when a payment has been made into their account or they are reaching a certain level
- Secure messaging service so customers can contact Santander securely through the online banking service with any questions about service
- Quick transfer between accounts from the customers' homepage
- Change of address online.