Advent Software (NASDAQ: ADVS), a leading provider of software and services for the global investment management industry, today announced the availability of new APX Reports using Microsoft Reporting Services.
These new reports, available in Advent Portfolio Exchange (APX), enable clients to present the calculations they rely on in modern, fresh and customizable formats.
Investment Managers may leverage a variety of investment products and strategies. Communicating the intricacies and rationale behind their investment decisions to clients can be a challenge. These challenges have only increased as investors demand more transparency and require that information about the performance of their portfolios be presented in user-friendly formats. Investment managers are finding that the right reporting capabilities are an essential tool in communicating with clients and offering the clarity that clients demand.
"The new reports in APX have proven to be an asset in ways we hadn't expected," said
Steve Miller, Chief Operating Officer, Zeke Capital Advisors, LLC. "Beyond the more appealing look and feel, the ease with which we can customize reports has enabled us to highlight information that is important to our clients, based on input from our portfolio managers. As a result, our portfolio managers have been able to use these reports as tools to facilitate more meaningful discussions with their clients."
As the competitive landscape for investment mangers continues to become more complex, firms are also focusing on creating and differentiating their brands to attract and retain investors.
"It's important to us that our reporting not only reflect the information that is most important to our clients and relationship managers, but that reports are an accurate extension of our brand," Carol Manzon, Chief Compliance Officer & CFO. "Advent listened to our feedback and needs and we are very pleased that the new reports in APX offer the flexibility to customize and deliver a visually appealing experience to clients in a highly professional format."
APX offers highly reliable data and calculations to support a manager's efforts to deliveorts to deliver returns and reporting capabilities to facilitate communication to their clients. The new APX Reports using Microsoft Reporting Services support our clients' efforts to differentiate their own brands and make it easier for Advent clients to communicate portfolio performance and other key metrics in more visually appealing graphs, tables and a variety of charts. Clients can also customize the reports to adjust color palette, report style sheets and incorporate company logos and branding.
"We are continually looking for ways to innovate and develop tools that help our clients more effectively manage their business," said Michele Holton, Director, Product Marketing,. "Our clients have always relied on Advent to deliver automation and efficiency to their business operations. APX Reports using Microsoft Reporting Services extends the value of APX, making it a tool that our clients can now use to further reinforce their brands and build lasting relationships with their clients."
New reports are available today to clients using APX 3.0 and were developed based on feedback from Advent's global client base. For US clients, 14 reports are currently available and additional reports will be added in the fourth quarter of 2011. For Advent clients in EMEA, 6 reports, developed based on client input have been designed to meet the unique needs of investment professionals in this growing market for Advent.
APX Reports using Microsoft Reporting Services are built using Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), a report framework that is included with Microsoft SQL Server.
Advent Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: ADVS), a leading provider of software and services for the global investment management industry, today unveiled Tamale RMS 6.0. Tamale RMS 6.0 includes new tools to help investment firms automate the process of capturing, distributing and searching for investment research data. Simplified, intuitive navigation and enhanced mobile access ensure investment professionals have access to real-time data and research information they need, from the desktop and from the road.
High performing investment managers know that high quality research leads to well-informed investment decisions and better returns for investors. Yet, many firms are encumbered by inefficiencies that hinder their ability to collect, share, access and prioritize the large volume of data investment analysts work tirelessly to produce. Tamale RMS is the industry's first research management solution and provides the investment management industry with a comprehensive solution that brings automation and efficiency to the investment research process. Tamale RMS helps investment professionals remain focused on investment decision making, instead of spending valuable time cataloging and searching for data.
"The volume of information investment managers must consider in order to make critical decisions can be daunting. Their clients count on them to make the most well informed decisions possible, often in very short time-frames," said Ken Jacobson, Vice President and General Manager, Tamale at Advent Software. "Traditional methods of collecting, saving and sharing research data are no longer enough in today's dynamic economic climate. With Tamale RMS 6.0, we have made strides toward making it as easy as possible for firms to capture information from internal and external sources, share information across an organization and access the information they need easily and when and where they need it."
Tamale RMS 6.0 will be available in the fourth quarter of 2011 and brings even more power, usability and accessibility to the investment research process.
Tamale RMS 6.0 helps investment professionals capture, distribute and prioritize research information:
• Automated email processing provides an intuitive, fast and flexible solution to the tedious task of reviewing and organizing email inboxes. Firms can set individual, team or firm level preferences to auto-categorize and auto-deposit email directly to the firm's research database or to a temporary holding tank for further review.
• Enhanced data integration seamlessly brings together proprietary research and market data such as Bloomberg, Factset and CapitalIQ in a format optimized for decision-making.
• Smart notifications promote more efficient collaboration by enabling users to easily set rules regarding the distribution of and subscription to alerts about research including the topics, sources and companies that are relevant to them.
• Enhanced filtering helps investment professionals quickly pinpoint the information they need without reducing access to research data.
• Built in SQL Server integration allows users to build reports to their firm's - or their own - specifications to easily create, edit, and publish reports.
Enhanced user experience, integration with popular mobile applications and support for a variety of mobile devices within Tamale RMS® 6.0 brings critical research to investment managers' fingertips:
• Configurable workflow enhancements enable firms to easily incorporate consistency and efficiencies in the research process within their established workflows and processes.
• Enhanced iPad native application and HTML5 apps deliver critical investment research quickly and efficiently on multiple mobile devices. New iPad access enables:
- Easy to access, review and navigate the latest research and models
- Real-time, two-way data and information sharing between the office and colleagues on the road
- Ability to download and review attachments including MS Word, MS Excel, MS Powerpoint and Adobe PDF files
• Microsoft OneNote Integration enables investment professionals to work from anywhere and to gather notes (handwritten or typed), drawings, and audio commentaries and share them with other users
• User-centric navigation makes Tamale RMS® more intuitive and easy to use