RDM Corporation, the leading provider of check imaging solutions announced today at NACHA Payments 2005 the introduction of the EC7000i series imager.
The EC7000i is the industry's first feature rich, low cost, two-sided scanner.
Based on RDM's EC6000i series with its small footprint, connectivity to the most popular POS terminals, and industry leading MICR and image technology, the EC7000i two-sided imager will provide a low cost two-sided imaging solution to merchants and low volume billers who want to take advantage of the opportunities presented by Check 21. The EC7000i series will have a robust feature set that includes:
- Capture of high-quality two-sided binary image of the check in seconds
- Two memory options for image storage
- Standard USB connectivity provides flexible connection to PC-based applications
- The industry's highest MICR read accuracy using RDM's patented Progressive MICR Method
- Optional OCR E13B MICR Assist offers maximum recognition accuracy to virtually 100% MICR read rate
- Facilitates the requirement for check defacement for point-of-purchase transactions in one simple process with its optional franking acknowledgment printer
- Optional internal alphanumeric OCR A & B font recognition makes it the ideal solution for bill payment applications
- Optional bi-directional Magnetic Stripe Reader (MSR
- Optional 10BaseT Ethernet Connectivity
"The EC7000i series was designed to provide a low cost alternative to meet the changing requirements in the payment industry brought on by the introduction of Check 21", said Tom Kettell, Vice President, Marketing for RDM Corporation. "With the passage of Check 21, two sided imaging has become mainstream. Our customers will be able to take advantage of one of the most comprehensive low cost imaging solutions in the industry. This EC7000i series is just another example of RDM's commitment to providing the most innovative payment solutions to the market that bring maximum efficiencies and reduced costs to our customers."