Sybase, an SAP company (NYSE: SAP) and industry leader in enterprise and mobile software , today announced Sybase Event Streaming Processor (ESP), a major new version of the award-winning Sybase Aleri CEP platform.
Sybase ESP demonstrates Sybase's commitment to leading the pace of innovation - and leaving the competition behind - in the world of emerging customer demand for real-time analytics.
Sybase ESP, version 5 of the Sybase Aleri Event Stream Processor, delivers major new capabilities in enterprise scalability and user productivity. The new solution empowers customers to deliver real-time applications such as continuous risk assessment, extremely complex low latency algorithmic trading and the creation and dissemination of highly enriched market data, in a fraction of the time that traditional approaches would require.
"The ability to increase the flexibility of tools that allow users to obtain intelligence on high-speed streaming market and trade data with minimum latency is a key differentiator in the competitive CEP environment," said Larry Tabb, founder and CEO of TABB Group. "Providing the client with a blazing fast, easy to integrate, and extensible platform enabling firms not only to do what they need now, but to adapt to a quickly changing environment is the holy grail for CEP firms."
Delivering real-time Continuous IntelligenceTM, Sybase Aleri ESP provides capital markets, telecommunications and other firms with the capabilities to monitor, detect, analyze and respond to events as they occur. This continuous intelligence solution empowers businesses to make the most opportune corrective, profitable, competitive and value-add decisions.
"We are very interested in the new release of Sybase Aleri Event Stream Processor. We anticipate that the new developer interface will further speed application development and we are already using the Sybase ESP in Teevra, our real time trade matching system and STRIDE, our CFD trading platform," said Prakash Neelakantan, head of products at Headstrong. "The new clustering capability will both increase the speed of some of our current applications and broaden the scope of applications to which wto which wpe of applications to which we can apply CEP."
"With unequalled history in real-time analytics leadership, from low latency benchmarks to proven scalability, we have taken the fastest CEP engine and made it faster, more enterprise-ready and easier to use," said Eric Johnson, senior vice president, Financial Services Industry, Sybase Inc. "Through this latest release, Sybase offers unparalleled innovation as a result of the strongest R&D focus in the event stream processing industry. We believe we are empowering our customers with a strategic real-time competitive advantage with Sybase ESP."
The new version of Sybase Aleri ESP directly addresses the needs of customers in number of key areas. For ease and efficiency in defining continuous queries, the ESP Studio delivers a simple visual editor combined with a powerful SQL-based event processing Continuous Computation Language (CCL). The new advanced cluster architecture significantly enhances scalability and deployment options by enabling continuous queries to be deployed in a private cloud environment.
In the financial markets, where customers are some of the most demanding users of Sybase CEP technology, the Event Stream Processor is up to the challenge. With market data analytics, both buy-side and sell-side firms can apply cleansing and enrichment rules to in-bound market data via streaming and batch feeds. Users can also collect market data in Sybase RAP and apply queries to derive valuable new data commercial insight or breakthrough competitive trading strategies.
In addition, Sybase ESP provides a non-intrusive way of consolidating and aggregating risk and position data across heterogeneous systems with real-time valuation and monitoring. Users can access this information for real-time analysis or for more detailed stress scenarios as events occur to provide additional insight or to react to an unexpected real-time event.
Sybase ESP also enables trade and algorithm monitoring, enabling users to monitor trading performance indicators and manage automated trading strategies for optimal results. Organizations can use the combination of Sybase ESP and Sybase RAP to analyze current and historical data to uncover patterns supporting real-time decision making and to refine strategies through regression testing.
In addition to carrying forward the benefits of the current Aleri solution, version 5 also offers significant new features, including:
• CCL + SPLASH - This release introduces CCL - the SQL-based event programming language from Coral8 - into the product, while preserving Aleri's ground-breaking SPLASH scripting language for extensibility
• Visual and Textual Editing - the innovative new Studio design provides a choice of editing styles, with ability to switch back and forth at any time. This will appeal to a wider range of users and even programmers will appreciate the advantages of being able to drop into the visual editor to quickly navigate through complex models
• Advanced Cluster Architecture - private cloud style operation allows any number of machines to function as part of a "virtual server" for virtually unlimited physical capacity; projects can run on the cluster simultaneously and be started/stopped without affecting other projects, allowing for a dynamic environment
• Run-time Extensibility - projects can be started/stopped independently and dynamically bound to other projects; new continuous queries can be started at any time and existing models can be extended with additional queries without taking down server
• Modularity - projects can invoke user defined reusable modules, facilitating re-use and simplifying team development and code maintenance, modules can be parameterized so their behavior can be tailored at the point of invocation
The product is currently scheduled for beta availability in June and general availability in Q3 2011.