The Nasdaq OMX Group (Nasdaq:NDAQ) reported strong results for the fourth quarter of 2010.
Net income attributable to Nasdaqc OMX for the fourth quarter of 2010 was $137 million, or $0.69 per diluted share, compared with $101 million, or $0.50 per diluted share, in the third quarter of 2010, and $43 million, or $0.20 per diluted share, in the fourth quarter of 2009. For the full year of 2010, net income attributable to NASDAQ OMX was $395 million, or $1.91 per diluted share.
Included in the fourth quarter of 2010 results are $9 million of expenses associated with workforce reductions, merger and strategic initiatives, and other items, offset by $36 million of benefits primarily associated with the tax impact of these items and the restructuring of certain NASDAQ OMX subsidiaries.
* Net exchange revenues were $400 million, an 8% increase over Q409 results.
* Non-GAAP operating income improved to $184 million, up 12% from the prior year quarter, while operating margins increased to 46%.
* Non-GAAP Net Income was $110 million, an increase of 11% over Q409 results.
* Non-GAAP EPS increased to $0.55, up from $0.46 in the prior year quarter.
* GAAP EPS increased to $0.69, up $0.49 from $0.20 in the fourth quarter of 2009.
Read the full statement here:Download the document now 63.9 kb (PDF File)