Source: Royal Bank of Canada
Today, RBC launched its mobile banking iPhone app and first-ever genuine BlackBerry app in Canada.
Currently, other banking apps are browser based, which means they replicate the PC experience instead of taking advantage of the functionality of the mobile device. Unlike browser based mobile banking apps, RBC's authentic app is fast and simple to use, improving the user experience as it was created specifically for the mobile device and takes full advantage of the mobile functionality.
All of this makes mobile banking faster, less frustrating and very intuitive.
Market research from RBC shows mobile banking is clearly a growth area, as most Canadians (79 per cent) own a mobile device and 44 per cent of those expressed an interest in mobile banking.
Given how important information security and privacy are, RBC is providing customers with the same safety and security guarantee as its online banking security guarantee. If an unauthorized transaction is conducted through an RBC mobile banking service, customers will be reimbursed for any resulting losses to those accounts. This will give RBC customers peace of mind when banking on the go.
The RBC application based mobile app enables smartphone users to access a full range of services, including:
• View account balances for all personal and business accounts.
• View account details for accounts such as credit lines, credit cards, mortgages and loans.
• Pay Bills (Non-recurring, current and future dated) for all existing online banking payees.
• View transaction history and payment history.
• Transfer funds between all RBC accounts.
• Send internet email money transfers.
• Send third party payments.
• Branch and ATM locator