BofA Merrill Lynch Global Research today announced the launch of a Research Library iPad application that allows its institutional clients to search, browse and download investment recommendations, insights and other proprietary research content from anywhere and at anytime.
"We are committed to providing premier service to our clients that recognizes the innovative ways they work today," said Candace Browning, head of BofA Merrill Lynch Global Research. "Our app offers a highly tailored experience that will enhance the way they discover and pursue new investment ideas generated by our global team of more than 800 research professionals."
The BofA Merrill Lynch Global Research Library iPad app allows users to interact with the full breadth of the group's offerings, including most/least preferred lists, equity and fixed income indices, portfolios, recommendations on individual securities, industry outlooks, market outlooks and forecasts, asset allocation strategies, and investment strategies. Features include the following:
* A Research Overview page that contains several widgets, including the Macro Forecast Overview and a list of featured reports, as well as access to all published research. This research is organized by Economics, Equity, Credit, Rates & Currencies, Commodities and MBS & Structured Finance.
* Company Theme page focuses on our fundamental research and includes data on equities and credit issuers. A list of the latest Research on the security is also available.
* Analyst Theme pages, which feature research from a specific analyst or team of analysts.
* Video commentaries that allow users to hear directly from analysts as they underscore proprietary views and recommendations.
* An Alerts History page, which displays users' latest research report alerts.
* Search functionality that enables access to the full breadth of published research, with the most relevant items listed at the top.
The BofA Merrill Lynch Global Research Library application for the iPad can be downloaded for free from the Apple App Store or directly from itunes.apple.com/us/app/research-library/id406934681?mt=8. Users must have a client account on the Bank of America Merrill Lynch Global Markets Portal to access content. Standard data plan rates from wireless providers apply.
The goal of BofA Merrill Lynch Global Research is to be the premier global research franchise, providing clients with exceptional service, value-added investment insights and alpha-generating investment recommendations. Its global team of analysts provides investment recommendations on more than 3,200 stocks and 880 credits, while its economists and strategists provide market forecasts for nearly 60 countries and recommendations on 40 currencies.
Most recently, the group was named 2010 Top Global Broker (second consecutive year), Top Europe Broker, No. 2 U.S. Broker, and No. 3 Asia broker by Financial Times/StarMine. The team was also named Best Brokerage by Forbes/Zacks for the second consecutive year and the 2010 winner of the Emerging Markets' Magazine EM Research Global Award. In addition, the group was named No. 1 in the 2010 Institutional Investor All-Emerging Europe and All-Latin America Research team surveys and No. 3 in the 2010 Institutional Investor All-America Equity, All-America Fixed Income and All-Europe Research Team surveys.