Chase announced today that its new Chase Mobile Android Application with Chase QuickDepositSM allows Android smartphone users to track their Chase account activity, deposit checks, and pay bills and credit cards whenever and wherever they want.
The application, which already has earned a 4.5 star rating and has surpassed 200,000 downloads in just over a week, can be downloaded from Android Market. And just in time for the holiday season, customers use their phone to easily keep track of what they're spending as they're spending it.
"The Chase Mobile Android App is a great complement to the Chase Mobile iPhone® App, which has been a huge hit with customers. The Android App broadens our customer reach through multiple carriers and handsets," said Jack Stephenson, Chase's managing director of Mobile, Ecommerce and Payments. "Both apps fit with today's mobile lifestyle, helping customers manage their financial lives through their mobile device and through Chase."
The mobile banking effort complements the extensive ways customers can bank with Chase: through online banking, telephone banking, nearly 5,200 branches and more than 15,000 ATMs.
With Chase Mobile Android Application, customers enrolled in Chase Online can:
* Make a deposit with Chase QuickDeposit.
* See account transactions and history on eligible accounts.
* Transfer funds between eligible Chase accounts.
* Locate the nearest Chase branch quickly and easily.
* Pay bills.
* Talk to Chase service representatives.
* Send wire transfers to or from non-Chase accounts in the U.S. (Limitations apply.)
"The Chase Mobile Android App provides another way for customers to bank quickly and conveniently," Stephenson said. "This important addition to our mobile banking lineup provides up-to-the-minute account and transaction information to give consumers peace of mind and to help them avoid fees."
Entering the Android market has extended Chase's mobile banking services to the largest breadth of mobile users. In addition to the new Android app, Chase's mobile banking options include:
* Chase mobile banking application for iPhone, offering the same features as the Android app.
* Text updates, allowing customers to requwing custquwing customers to request from any cellphone and receive within seconds their account balances and transaction history on checking, savings, credit card, mortgage and home equity accounts.
* Instant Action Alerts, sending text messages the moment a checking account balance falls below a pre-selected amount and allowing them to instantly funds transfer through a text-message reply.
* Mobile Chase.com website, offering standard services for all mobile banking customers.
Chase charges no fees to use mobile banking, but standard text message and data rates may apply from a customer's wireless provider. Established user IDs and passwords are necessary to access account information and images do not reside on the mobile device, which protects personal information in case of theft. Chase's robust encryption technology helps safeguard all mobile transactions and helps protect customer information as it travels the Internet or to and from a mobile device.
Who Uses Mobile Banking?
The next computing revolution is mobile. Advanced phone technology, touch-screen form factor, 3G and 4G networks and an open market for application development and distribution is driving innovation and the adoption of smartphone technology at one of the most rapid rates in history.
By 2012, there will be 150 million smartphone subscribers. Financial transactions continue as one of the most popular uses of mobile phones, consistently ranking in third of the top 20 categories for mobile content. The Chase Mobile Android Application and Chase Mobile iPhone Application provides the growing smartphone population a quick, convenient way to bank on-the-go.