The Nasdaq OMX Group ("NASDAQ OMX") (Nasdaq:NDAQ) reported solid results for the third quarter of 2010.
Net income attributable to NASDAQ OMX for the third quarter of 2010 was $101 million, or $0.50 per diluted share, compared with $96 million, or $0.46 per diluted share, in the second quarter of 2010, and $60 million, or $0.28 per diluted share, in the third quarter of 2009.
Included in the third quarter of 2010 results are $4 million of expenses associated with workforce reductions, merger and strategic initiatives, and other items, offset by $4 million of benefits associated with the tax impact of these items and certain other tax adjustments.
• Net exchange revenues grew 7% over prior year results to $372 million
• Non-GAAP operating income improved to $169 million, up 11% from third quarter of 2009 results, while operating margins increased to 45%
• Non-GAAP EPS increased to $0.50, up from $0.42 in the prior year quarter
• GAAP EPS of $0.50 represents a 79% increase over third quarter of 2009 results
• Completed $300 million of the $400 million authorized share repurchase program thus far, representing 15.1 million shares. Board has authorized an additional $150 million for the program, bringing the total authorized amount to $550 million.
Read the full statement here:» Download the document now 41.8 kb (PDF File)