Vanguard Integrity Professionals, the leading provider of enterprise security software for mainframes, today announced that one of the world's largest banking and financial services companies has selected Vanguard software and services to secure mainframe data and applications throughout its worldwide data centers.
The Vanguard professional services team is assisting the company with its global deployment.
"After a competitive review, Vanguard was selected by this global leader for our superior software and services capabilities," said Keegan O'Neill, director of research and development at Vanguard. "In addition, our flexible licensing terms allow the bank to implement the Vanguard solutions and pay for only the capacity in use throughout the deployment process." In January, Gartner recommended that enterprises that rely on z/OS systems "evaluate mainframe-specific administration tools for identity and entitlements administration," and "evaluate mainframe-specific intelligence tools for auditing, monitoring and reporting." Gartner Research Note G00172909. Earlier this year, the bank began deploying the following Vanguard mainframe software solutions and will continue its worldwide implementation over the next 18 months.
* Vanguard Administrator offers the highest levels of security administration and reporting capabilities to help companies simplify and enhance access management functions on systems running IBM Security Server (RACF).
* Vanguard Advisor provides the most comprehensive event monitoring, analysis and reporting capabilities for the mainframe environment to help administrators or analysts find and fix potential security problems.
* Vanguard Analyzer delivers comprehensive system integrity, verification and auditing solutions that simplify and streamline the audit and compliance process.
* Vanguard Enforcer, winner of the 2009 GSN Homeland Security Award for Best Intrusion Detection/Prevention System, is the only comprehensive intrusion management system for the mainframe, and protects critical data and resources by enforcing security and compliance standards, policies, rules and settings, and preventing breaches.
* Vanguard PasswordReset, an innovative self-service, browser-based RACF password resetting solution, enables authorized users to quickly and securely reset their own passwords anytime, from anyplace.
* Vanguard Policy Manager enforces security policies, and enables security officers to precisely control who can execute specific commands, to reduce security risks and comply with regulatory requirements including PCI requirements on limiting access to credit card data.
* Vanguard Security Center, the first Windows-based graphical user interface for IBM's RACF and DB2, makes it easier to administer mainframe security to improve productivity, lower costs and reduce human errors.