BankServ combines remote deposit capture on PC and phone
29 September 2010 | 2616 views | 0
BankServ today introduced the first Remote Check Deposit product that combines the ability to deposit checks from home with the ability to deposit checks from iPhone® and other mobile devices. With this solution, any bank can now quickly and easily allow their customers the security and convenience of depositing checks using almost any all-in-one printer/scanner, flatbed scanner, iPhone or other leading mobile device.
Designed as "plug and play" for fast integration with a bank's existing online banking portal, BankServ's solution supports both stand-alone and Single Sign-On (SSO) interfaces. A bank's consumer or business customer logs in to their existing online banking account, clicks on "Deposit Checks" and, in seconds, deposits any US$ check using their home or office scanner. Additionally, banks can offer the convenience of depositing checks by mobile phone if the customer is away from their desktop scanner.
"With this industry first, BankServ provides the tools for any bank to quickly introduce remote check deposit to the broadest customer base," said Danne Buchanan, head of Payment Solutions at BankServ. "Individuals and businesses want the convenience and security of depositing checks from the familiar territory of their online banking portal, and our "plug-and-play" solution is designed to help banks quickly meet that demand."
The solution includes the capability to deposit checks using the Apple iPhone™ or other leading mobile devices. Upon implementation, a customer logs in to his bank's mobile application, taps on "Deposit Checks", and in seconds, submits the deposit. BankServ's design provides a consistent look-and-feel with deposits made through the online banking portal, providing financial institutions the immediate and brand-building capability to serve customers no matter how they choose to bank.
BankServ's solution integrates the following options:
* Stand-alone or SSO support for home banking deposits
* Stand-alone or integrated mobile deposit application
* Integrated support with leading core processors and online portal vendors
* Customizable, consistent branding that coordinate home banking and mobile deposits
* Support for the widest selection of home scanners and mobile devices
* Multiple account support
* Common administrative interface to simplify management of all Remote Deposit Capture acceptance points: at-home, mobilets: at-lets: at-home, mobile, small business, corporate and lock-box
* Common risk management and FFIEC compliance tools to manage of all Remote Deposit Capture acceptance points: at-home, mobile, small business, corporate and lock-box
* Activity monitoring service to help financial institutions manage deposit activity