Swipely, an online service that turns purchases into conversations, today announced the opening of its site to all consumers, following a successful invitation-only beta period. Just as people share their thoughts, photos, and location online with friends, they can now easily share their favorite buys, great deals, and useful products.
"We all love to talk about that great new restaurant in town or amazing bargains and deals," said Angus Davis, founder and CEO of Swipely. "With Swipely, we've created the easiest way for people to start and share these conversations online with their friends."
After a quick and secure sign-up process, which includes creating a profile and finding friends to follow, Swipely imports purchase information from credit cards, debit cards or email accounts. You can then start sharing information about what you're buying and where you're shopping -- restaurants, clothing boutiques, bookstores, online stores, and more. Robust privacy controls ensure that Swipely only shares the swipes (or purchases) you choose, and purchase amounts are not shown. Swipely transforms the card you already use from a convenient way to pay into a powerful new way to recommend a place or product to friends, share tips on great deals and earn cool social rewards -- simply by swiping.
Swipely features make it fun and easy to start swiping:
* Share: Swipely works with all major credit and debit cards, in addition to importing receipts via email from more than 6,000 e-commerce retailers. You can rate and review swipes, add photos or even enter specific details from catalogs and menus at more than 250,000 retail and restaurant locations. Swipes can also be shared on Facebook and Twitter.
* Locate: Swipely lets you share where you have swiped by automatically geo-locating swipes to more than 14 million specific business locations.
* Discover: On Swipely, tap into the wisdom of the people you trust to discover new bars, hotels, coffee shops, books, music, and more. And when you discover something new, Swipely makes it easy to create a wish list, add a comment or "like" a friend's swipe.
* Have fun: Swipely's game elements make sharing shopping experiences more fun with social rewards including leader boards and badges. Swipely recognizes the most loyal customers at any business on a ness ness on a VIP list and rewards you with fun badges based on where you swipe.
* Save money: Share tips on deals and bargains with your friends. Swipely will even recommend the lowest prices on everyday swipes like gasoline to help you find the best deal in town. Swipely is working with retailers and brands to expand savings opportunities for Swipely users in the future. Businesses that want to participate in Swipely's program are encouraged to visit http://swipely.com/business to learn more.
To celebrate its launch, Swipely is offering free music, free books, free coffee, free movies and free apps to users who Swipe and earn the "Turntable", "Bookworm", "Movie Buff" or "App Store-Aholic" badges on Swipely over the next four weeks (full rules available at swipely.com/s/promo.html).
Swipely is free to join and is open to all users in the US.