CBA puts itself on the map with Google mashup
28 May 2010 | 4471 views | 0
Source: Commonwealth Bank of Australia
Finding information such as the nearest branch/ATM, weekend trading hours, coin counting machine or business banker contact details, will be a lot simpler for Commonwealth Bank customers with the launch of a new Locate us search and mapping tool.
Using a single interface for search, customers can get ready access to the information they are looking for in just one click from the CommBank website. Comprehensive search details are displayed and leverage the latest Google mapping technology (Google Maps API Premier) to bring to life a customer's search and make it easy to find the branch, service or location they are looking for.
According to Andrew Murrell, General Manager Channel Marketing, Commonwealth Bank, Locate us builds on the Bank's commitment to being accessible to customers and further cements industry recognition from CANSTAR CANNEX for 'Most Comprehensive Branch Network' and 'Most Comprehensive ATM Network'.
"With one of Australia's largest branch and ATM networks of any bank nationally, we are committed to ensuring our customers have access to our services and importantly, know how to find specialist services or weekend trading hours.
"Locate us takes accessibility one step further, with a search tool that is not only easy to use but also features all the information a customer is looking for about a branch, ATM, personal lender and so on - housed in one place, making it easier for customers to do business with us," said Mr Murrell.
"What's more we have built the application using the latest Google mapping technology so that our customers have the best user experience."
The tool offers a number of 'smart' search features including:
* Predictive text on postcode, suburbs and street names
* Ability to search for business bankers and financial planner contact details and make appointments online
* Google Maps API Premier driving directions
* Google Street View.
Search criteria includes:
* Branch facilities - weekend trading , foreign exchange , NetBank kiosk , coin count machine, change machine and deposit machine
* ATM features (including Bankwest ATMs) - deposit , wheelchair accessible and audio enabled
* What are you searching for? - mobile lender, buobile lenbile lender, business banker, foreign exchange, agribusiness specialists and financial planner
* BSB search.