Michigan First Credit Union today announced recent enhancements to its online banking services, including new personal finance management (PFM) capabilities, such as Twitter alerts.
Michigan First continues to look at new ways to make banking easy and convenient for its members. The new Twitter feature enables members to receive alerts via direct messages on Twitter, in addition to mobile text and e-mail. Members can create their own custom alerts for virtually any balance or transaction activity. For instance, members can receive a direct message on Twitter when their direct deposit is credited to their account while on vacation.
In April 2009, Michigan First launched its completely redesigned online banking service, which serves as a financial management tool that empowers members to create customized monthly budgets, monitor and trend transactions, and maintain a strong relationship with their finances.
"We are constantly evaluating our products and services to ensure they are meeting the evolving needs our members," said Michael Poulos, president and CEO of Michigan First Credit Union. "As a technology focused credit union, we are able to increase convenience for our members through services such as the Twitter alerts. This feature is just one of the many PFM tools we offer to our members through our online banking service, and we will continue to add new features as needs change."
Since the launch of its new online banking service less then a year ago, 31 percent of Michigan First members have become active users, with approximately 20 percent of active users employing the PFM tools and alerts.
Features of Michigan First's online banking service include:
- EZ Scan&DepositTM. Scan your checks from home or the office, and they are directly deposited into your account.
- Account-to-account transfers. Make a transfer to or from an account at another bank or credit union.
- Graphing and reporting. Develop custom graphs, charts, and reports of your financial activity.
- Free bill pay. Pay your bills automatically through your Michigan First online account..
- Live chat support. Discuss any transaction with a Michigan First representative through instant messaging.
- View every transaction. See a list of each deposit and withdrawal, along with images of your checks that have been cashed. Keep a running statement online, including your credit card accounts.
- Search your transactions. Use natural language to find categories of transactions easily.
- EZ ScoreTracker. View historical credit scores based on past credit inquiries made through Michigan First.
- Enhanced online security. Customize a security phrase and image at login for even greater protection.
Michigan First's online banking service was developed in conjunction with software vendor Jwaala, based in Austin, Texas. Jwaala develops innovative software solutions to help financial institutions stand out in an increasingly competitive marketplace.