Icap, the world's leading interdealer broker and provider of post trade services has selected Tervela and its TMX platform as the foundation for the global messaging infrastructure for its electronic broking division, Icap Electronic Broking.
ICAP is a major provider of global market information. The firm chose Tervela to address the information distribution demands of a worldwide network of electronic fixed income trading customers in both established and emerging markets.
"We went through a rigorous process to select the vendor who could best meet our requirements," said Dean Mazboudi, Head of IEB Enterprise Architecture and IT Strategy. "Tervela was the choice for low latency messaging for our global trading infrastructure."
ICAP Electronic Broking will deploy a high-availability, fault-tolerant network of Tervela TMX-500 Message Switches and high-performance Tervela TPE Persistence Engines. The TMX-500 is Tervela's latest entry in its messaging product line and includes:
• Common, high performance scalable architecture that facilitates accelerated and consistent application delivery
• Centralized management and control for full operational visibility and provisioning
• Powerful, yet lightweight API to support rapid and seamless client integration
• Guaranteed message delivery and data persistence without performance degradation
• Compelling data center economics compared with traditional messaging middleware solutions
"An esteemed institution such as ICAP crowns a portfolio of blue-chip firms who use Tervela messaging for their critical information needs," said Eric Schnadig, CEO of Tervela. "The ease of implementation, economic value, and business enablement capabilities underscore the attainability and importance of a new messaging framework for organizations whose information distribution demands drive the bottom line."