CME Group today announced its slate of candidates for election to serve on the company's Board of Directors.
CME Group shareholders will vote for directors at the company's annual meeting to be held Wednesday, May 5, 2010.
The Class A and Class B shareholders voting together will elect nine candidates to the Board. Additionally, the Class B-1 and Class B-3 shareholders will each elect a candidate to the Board. The candidates will be elected to a three-year term.
The following candidates will be elected by the Class A and Class B shareholders voting together:
- Terrence A. Duffy, 51, CME Group Executive Chairman and current director
- Charles P. Carey, 56, CME Group Vice Chairman and current director
- Mark E. Cermak, 58, Director, Execution Services, Fortis Clearing Americas LLC and current director
- Joseph Niciforo, 49, Chairman, Pia Capital Management and current director
- C.C. Odom II, 67, Independent Member/Trader; Sole Proprietor, Odom Investments and Argent Venture Capital and current director
- Martin J. Gepsman, 57, Independent Broker and Trader and current director
- Leo Melamed, 77, CME Group Chairman Emeritus; Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Melamed and Associates, Inc. and current director
- John F. Sandner, 68, CME Group Retired Chairman of the Board; Chairman, E*Trade Futures, LLC and current director
- Dennis A. Suskind, 67, Retired Partner - Goldman, Sachs & Co. and current director
One candidate from each of the following Class B-1 and Class B-3 nominees will be elected to the Board.
Nominees for Class B-1 director are:
- James S. Ginsburg, 49, Managing Partner, Vernon and Park Partners
- Howard J. Siegel, 53, Independent Trader and current director
Nominees for Class B-3 director are:
- Gregory J. Heraty, 51, Partner, Devonshire Partners LLC
- Gary M. Katler, 63, Vice President, Fortis Clearing Americas LLC and current director