Numerix, the leading independent provider of award winning cross-asset analytics for the structuring, valuation and risk analysis of derivatives and structured products, today introduced its suite of Numerix trader workbook applications - Numerix FX Trader, Numerix Rates Trader and Numerix Credit Trader.
FX Trader and Rates Trader join the newly enhanced Numerix Credit Trader application which was launched earlier this year, with all three comprising the suite of Numerix workbook applications.
The Numerix trader workbook applications are the latest extension of the powerful Numerix CrossAsset XL platform - Numerix's comprehensive library of independent models and risk tools - that specifically targets traders, risk managers and other front-office professionals and provides them with the tools they need to manage a book of trades, monitor relevant market data and accurately value complex derivative deals.
Through an enhanced GUI interface within Microsoft Excel, this latest Numerix offering provides users with a set of pre-designed customized workbooks that are divided into three core categories: market monitors for tracking, monitoring and analyzing a book of trades; trade blotters for portfolio analysis; and risk monitors for conducting pre-trade analysis. Each workbook simplifies and accelerates the workflow associated with accurately valuing complex and single-name derivative strategies. Users can now easily define bespoke baskets of credit and FX derivatives on the fly and then combine them with standard baskets and hedges in the trade blotter to analyze the impact of a potential trade within an aggregated risk framework.
"The Numerix trader workbook applications are our latest strategic offering that brings the power and flexibility of the Numerix CrossAsset platform to the front office and specifically targets traders and risk managers," said Steven R. O'Hanlon, President and COO of Numerix. "With the full suite of Numerix trader applications at their disposal, credit, FX and interest rate traders and other professionals now have a specific set of asset class based tools that are ideal for evaluating and monitoring all types of complex trading strategies and risk exposure."
Numerix Trader Applications Key Features & Benefits
* Numerix Rates Trader:
- Easily capture, monitor and analyze a book of IR trades and relevant market data.
- Streamlines the process of evaluating various trading strategies and monitoring risk exposure for portfolios of vanilla IR derivatives.
- Offers advanced pricing and analytic capabilities including Greeks and support for: IR swaps and swaptions, IR caps and floors, Forward rate agreements.
* Numerix Credit Trader:
- Provides consistent deal- tranche- and portfolio-level analytics based on the Numerix CrossAsset XL comprehensive library of market-standard models
- Enables dynamic analysis for credit-correlation trading, with fast 'on-the-fly' creation of bespoke baskets.
- Robust trade analysis for all synthetic credit instruments, including standard and bespoke CDOs, CDS and CDS indices, LCDS and LCDS indices options on CDS and IRS.
* Numerix FX Trader:
- Facilitates rigorous pre- and post trade FX analysis.
- Provides risk reporting and monitoring capabilities that include Rho Phi and Delta Gamma worksheets for monitoring FX spot-price risk.
- Analytical modeling capabilities and volatility smoothing features for: Black-Scholes, Dupire, Heston, SABR and Vanna Volga models.
The introduction of Numerix's trader workbook applications is a follow up to Numerix being named Technology Company of the Year in Asia for the second straight year in May of 2009 and also Technology Company of year in the America's for the third straight year by Structured Products Magazine. The launch follows the May 2009 Celent Report which identified Numerix as the leader among its peers- providing advanced technology and functionality for pricing derivatives products, breath of cross asset coverage and depth of client services.