Oberthur Technologies and Todos are joining forces to create a complementary range of services and products such as authentication devices and back-end servers to improve security, usability and trust for online e-shopping and e-banking users.
This fully managed authentication service includes a Versatile Authentication Server for e-shopping and e-banking as well as a complete suite of devices:
- Card readers with associated EMV or PKI smartcards
- Connected and unconnected tokens (USB dongles, keypads or one-button devices)
- Applications for mobile phones (SMS, SIM Toolkit or handset-based)
- Scratch cards and matrix cards with list of one-time-passwords
To facilitate deployment of secure and trustworthy authentication services for banks, Oberthur Technologies offers a 'Smart Authentication Pack' including:
- Marketing and technical consultancy
- Global integration, including device branding, server integration and key management
- Authentication device delivery operated from over 30 secured Service Centers around the world, including customization, stock management, packaging and distribution
- Server operation either hosted in these Service Centers or on the banks' premises
Xavier Drilhon, Managing Director of the Card Systems Division at Oberthur Technologies commented, "With our experience in securing financial services for more than 20 years, it was natural for us to join efforts with an industry innovator to create a complete authentication service which will benefit both consumers and banks. Oberthur Technologies' worldwide presence and references combined with a network of more than 30 certified Service Centers guarantee our customers a reliable, trusted and end-to-end offer."
As Ove Wedsjö, CEO at Todos said, "Considering that our server has already been deployed in more than 100 banks over the world with a total of 20 million devices rolled-out and the fact that Oberthur Technologies delivers security solutions to more than 5,000 financial institutions, I believe that this joint offer will have great success in the market."