Rockall Technologies announced today that Minneapolis-based US Bank (NYSE: USB) has selected its Systematic Tracking of Collateral (STOC) solution.
STOC will be used for enterprise-wide monitoring and evaluation of marketable securities that collateralize credit facilities and commitments made by several business lines within U.S. Bank, including The Private Client Reserve in the Wealth Management Group, National Corporate Banking Broker Dealer division, and The Private Client Group.
U.S. Bank, the sixth-largest commercial bank in America with $266 billion in assets and over 11 million customers, determined through an extensive analysis that STOC was the only solution that met all of its requirements for increased collateral control and regulatory compliance by:
- daily tracking of marketable securities' prices
- automating comparisons of exposure to collateral value
- ability to handle securities and fixed asset (e.g. real estate) collateral
- reducing risk of loss from under-collateralization through systematic monitoring including the use of automated alerts on price movements and margin requirements
- improving the process for quarterly reporting required by Federal Reserve Regulation W, Section 23A
- providing fully integrated workflow for the resolution of key exceptions such as margin calls / covenant breaches
"We needed a single, automated platform to track rapid price changes of our pledged securities in a timely and consistent manner," said Mark Jordahl, president of the U.S. Bank Wealth Management Group. "The Rockall STOC system allows us to meet our clients' needs while ensuring compliance with our collateral policies and procedures."
Rockall CEO Luke Nestor also pointed out that STOC's modern and open design was a strong fit with U.S. Bank's current processing and architectural environment. A primary selection criterion was STOC's ability to fully interoperate and support all interfacing applications, existing technology infrastructures, and enterprise standards.
"We are pleased to add the prestige of U.S. Bank to our roster of North American institutions, including Wells Fargo - and six of the twelve Federal Home Loan Banks. Rockall continues to lead the industry in providing systems that enable best practices in collateral management, a vital core discipline and a key to success for financial services," said Nestor.