Amazon.co.uk and MasterCard have joined forces to launch an innovative new credit card.
The Amazon.co.uk MasterCard, issued by MBNA Europe Bank Limited, allows customers to apply and then make purchases online immediately if their application has been approved.
It also offers competitive rates of interest and a highly attractive balance transfer rate, as well as a Loyalty Points scheme which can be redeemed against millions of products on the Amazon.co.uk website. Simply by spending on their card within 180 days of account opening, customers will receive a one-off £15 credit into their credit card account.
Customers who apply online for an Amazon.co.uk MasterCard will receive a decision, within seconds, that has passed through a full and rigorous underwriting system. This allows customers to make purchases immediately on Amazon.co.uk.*
Whenever an Amazon.co.uk MasterCard customer spends on their card, Loyalty Points will automatically accumulate. These points are converted to gift certificates that are emailed to customers and can be redeemed against products on the Amazon.co.uk website.
The Amazon.co.uk card offers customers benefits including:
- For purchases on Amazon.co.uk, the cardholder will be rewarded with 1 Loyalty Point for every £1 they spend (£10 of card purchases will earn 10 points)
- For purchases outside Amazon.co.uk, the cardholder will be rewarded with 1 Loyalty Point for every £2 they spend (£10 of card purchases will earn 5 points)
- For every 1,000 points accumulated, cardholders will automatically receive a £10 gift certificate for use towards Amazon.co.uk purchases.
- Customers will receive a one-off £15 credit to their credit card if a purchase is made within 180 days of the account open date.
- No annual fee
- 16.9% APR typical (variable)
- 0% on card purchases for 9 months from the date the account is opened (only on Amazon.co.uk, 16.9% elsewhere.)
- 0% interest on balance transfers for 12 months from account opening (3% handling fee applies), providing the transfer is made within 90 days of opening the account.
Additional benefits of the Amazon.co.uk MasterCard include access to online banking to view account details, check your balances and transactions (including your Amazon.co.uk Loyalty Points balance), set up direct debits and carry out balance transfers. Amazon.co.uk cardholders will also have access to a free 24-hour worldwide customer help and support line.
Brian McBride, Managing Director of Amazon.co.uk Ltd, said: "Customers expect great value and unrivalled convenience from Amazon.co.uk and this new Amazon.co.uk MasterCard offers just that. With the Loyalty Points scheme, customers can enjoy significant rewards, allowing even greater value to be gained from shopping at Amazon.co.uk."
Hany Fam, Group General Manager, MasterCard UK & Ireland, said: "We're delighted to be working with Amazon.co.uk and this launch further underlines the strength of MasterCard's partnerships in the global retail sector."