Zurich Insurance Company (Zurich, Canada), a leading insurance-based financial services provider of property and commercial coverage in Canada, announced today that it will install a new end-to-end claims management solution, provided by Guidewire Software, to increase efficiency.
Alister Campbell, president and CEO, Zurich, Canada said the company recognized the significant customer service opportunities that a tailored claims service provides. They decided on a flexible claims system that would be easy for the claims staff to use, and could be tailored to meet its evolving needs while continuing to provide a strong customer service focus.
"At Zurich, Canada, we're committed to offering our brokers and customers exceptional service in line with our Zurich HelpPointTM strategy," said Campbell. "We need effective loss cost management and our customers expect a fast and fair claims handling process - the new system will help us to continue to achieve both. Our employees will have the opportunity to utilize a modern claims handling system and dedicate more time to developing innovative claims solutions for our customers."
When operational, the new system will enable Zurich, Canada to:
- More efficiently handle claims operations;
- More proactively tailor claims handling to customers' individual requirements;
- Reduce manual processes to give the claims staff more time to effectively service their customers;
- Improve and expand the ability to capture all relevant information resulting in better data quality, reduced claims expenses, reduced loss leakage, and better analysis for tracking claims; and
- Continue to attract top talent to the company and its claims team.
"We understand how important it is to manage our customers' claims quickly and efficiently. The new system provides us with a tool which will help us to get our customers back in business as quickly as possible after a claim," said Josie Pachis, vice president of Claims, Zurich, Canada.