In the six months since Commonwealth Bank launched its next generation mobile phone banking, the popularity of the channel recently exceeded 100,000 customers logging in on a regular basis to manage their day-to-day banking.
The most popular features include viewing transactions, funds transfers and BPAY payments.
According to Commonwealth Bank Executive General Manager Retail Products, Michael Cant, the response from customers to the mobile phone banking channel has been positive.
"NetBank's mobile phone application allows our customers to have even more control over their banking, when it suits them," he said.
"We worked closely with our customers to develop an application which would have the functionality our customers both wanted and would use. Its popularity speaks volumes for its usability and accessibility - more than 180,000 customers have used the service, with 100,000 logging on, on a regular basis.
"It's no surprise that iPhone users in particular have become big fans of the service, but we are also seeing a solid proportion of customers logging on with other devices."
Customers logging onto their NetBank account can use their mobile phone to:
- check account balances and scheduled transactions
- transfer funds to third party bank accounts
- pay bills using BPAY
- review future transactions
- view current applications with the Bank
- locate their nearest Commonwealth Bank branch or ATM (if the customer has an iPhone, they can then get directions from their location using GPS).