Local foreign exchange (forex) trading services provider, LatitudeFX Limited, has partnered with global forex giant Gain Capital to launch Gain's award-winning forex trading platform in New Zealand and Australia.
In announcing the partnership and launch of LFX Trader, GAIN Capital CEO, Glenn Stevens, said he was pleased that LatitudeFX had chosen GAIN Capital as its forex provider and believed the arrangement would be a mutually beneficial one.
"The deal struck between the two firms will leverage LatitudeFX's strong presence in both New Zealand and Australia with GAIN Capital's proven forex trading technology, execution, clearing and custody services," said Mr. Stevens.
LatitudeFX is a provider of online trading services, support features and resources to retail traders on both sides of the Tasman.
LatitudeFX CEO, Mark Olley, said his customers are sophisticated retail traders who demand the best tools available.
"With the launch of LFX Trader, LatitudeFX customers have access to a highly customizable trading environment with a full suite of professional charting and order management tools, all supported by an experienced group of local forex professionals," said Mr. Olley.
Features of the LFX Trader platform include:
- Streaming executable quotes in 37 currency pairs, with real-time P&L and position tracking;
- Eight different order types, including advanced orders such as One Cancels Others (OCOs), If/Then OCOs, and Trailing Stops;
- The ability to set limits and stop loss levels by rate, pips or dollar P&L;
- A real-time charting package with over 60 technical studies and indicators;
- The ability to manage open orders and positions directly from the charts; and
- Embedded news and analysis, including intraday, daily and weekly research reports covering both fundamental and technical market trends.
In addition to LFX Trader, LatitudeFX also offers margin FX trading on its popular MetaTrader 4 platform.
Mr. Olley said the partnership with GAIN comes at a time when LatitudeFX is experiencing strong growth.
"Since we opened our first office in Auckland in 2007, the company has gone from strength-to-strength," said Mr. Olley.
Indirect shareholder Macquarie Bank Limited ("Macquarie Bank") provides operational and technical support to the LatitudeFX team as well as access to Macquarie Bank's global forex trading expertise and pricing.
"Our people are highly skilled and respected in their field and we feel that combining these attributes with the market-leading technology of a global player like GAIN Capital will bring a better FX trading experience to individuals in this highly competitive marketplace," said Mr. Olley.