BT connects with Irish financial markets
02 July 2009 | 1332 views | 0
BT today introduced its voice trading platform to members of Ireland's financial services community and outlined a solutions portfolio that is expected to reinforce its position as a leader in converged trading technology and sector-specific IT services.
BT has unmatched experience in supporting sell-side and buy-side firms and financial services providers through the entire trading cycle.
As a leader in converged trading communications technology, more than 60,000 traders in over 800 firms and exchanges across 51 countries rely on BT's sophisticated voice applications and integration technologies. One of every three traders around the world uses a BT "turret", the control interface for voice communications when trading currencies, equities, bonds, derivatives and commodities.
Already used by some of Ireland's leading financial institutions, BT also provides the Radianz Shared Market Infrastructure, delivering access to the world's largest networked financial services community and supporting over 11,000 financial customer locations globally that access over 550 application services from over 260 leading service and content providers.
"At a difficult time for the financial services sector we have a range of services now available in Ireland that are specifically designed to meet the highest demands of the sector and address many of the technology-related business challenges that they are facing," said Chris Clark, CEO, BT Ireland.
The services help customers to identify risk, to improve governance and ensure compliance. The technology helps financial institutions to launch new products quickly, both domestically and internationally, and to reduce the time to market.
With over 25 years' experience of providing networked IT services to financial services organisations globally, BT has grown its portfolio to support a new wave of requirements that harness fast and secure ICT technologies and network-based services. Built to run across BT's next-generation network, the range of services includes new solutions for enterprise voice and data communications, network connectivity and hosting for electronic trading, and secure messaging services.
BT networked IT services designed to help the financial serancial ser help the financial services community include:
· Voice Recording and Call Logging systems to support and review deals and transactions
· Myriad Voice Messenger meets the demands of the financial markets sector, enabling real-time, premium quality, personalised messages to be delivered to a client, bypassing voicemail
· Real Time Extension of Credit Limits is an application that will conference together appropriate trading and risk business functions with data and voice facilities to authorise a real-time extension of limits to facilitate an immediate trade
· Instant Messaging with Click to Talk, Conference and Collaboration that significantly reduces the time-to-market between identification and execution of a business opportunity
· Instant Messaging for communication between the institutions and "non-professional" end users that is simple to use with a "call me back" help function
Beyond the trading floor BT also provides outsourced IT services that include business continuity solutions, risk mitigation and security consultancy, the design and management of global call centres, fully-managed data and hosting centres, multi-channel intelligent customer management and rapid branch deployment.