Real-Time Innovations (RTI), The Real-Time Middleware Experts, today introduced the next generation of its low-latency messaging infrastructure.
RTI Data Distribution Service, Financial Services Edition, builds on RTI's widely adopted real-time messaging middleware to reduce time-to-market and facilitate integration with trading applications.
"With more than 300 customers and 100,000 licensed copies, RTI offers the most mature and fully proven low-latency messaging technology available today," commented Sumeet Shendrikar, director of technology, financial services at RTI. "Our new Financial Services Edition dramatically simplifies high-performance application development and integration. We are so confident of our out-of-the-box performance and ease-of-use that we are the first low-latency messaging vendor to offer an evaluation from our website, which can be downloaded in an instant with just a click."
In addition to RTI's core low-latency messaging infrastructure, Financial Services Edition includes easy-to-use and powerful integration with Microsoft Excel spreadsheet software along with source code for a new, comprehensive market data example application. Enhanced documentation features a comprehensive tutorial and a Getting-Started Guide.
RTI Spreadsheet Add-In for Microsoft Excel automatically updates spreadsheets, formula results and charts in real time whenever changes to the underlying data are published. No special configuration is required. The add-in automatically discovers all published data, learns the data type and imports it directly into Excel spreadsheet software. Traders can simply use Excel spreadsheet software, with all its analytic power and graphic displays to monitor and act on live market data. Formula results can also be automatically published in real time to other applications and users. Moreover, because of RTI's peer-to-peer architecture and comprehensive slow-consumer handling, no server or gateway is necessary.
The new market data example code implements an Options Price Reporting Authority (OPRA) v1 feed handler and a console application that displays real-time market data. This code provides a working reference for developers integrating RTI Data Distribution Service into their own applications. The example illustrates RTI's rich capabilities, including content awareness and integrated data caching. With a C++ feed handler and a Java console, the example also demonstrates efficient support for heterogeneous systems. Either application can run on a Linux or Windows operating system and interoperate seamlessly, even in mixed environments.
RTI Data Distribution Service, Financial Services Edition, provides ease-of-use and other key benefits for trading applications:
- Performance - RTI consistently delivers exceptionally low latency and high throughput, even under peak loads. A comprehensive set of benchmarks is available at rti.com/products/dds/benchmarks-cpp-linux.html.
- Rich intelligence - RTI includes more than 400 Quality of Service (QoS) policies that can alter behavior based on application requirements, from low-latency market data distribution to guaranteed messaging for orders and executions.
- Efficiency - Content-aware capabilities allow filtering on any data, not just subjects. RTI can also cache data to decouple arrival from processing.
- Low cost of ownership - RTI's peer-to-peer software architecture eliminates costly message servers that consume power, introduce latency and clutter the data center.
- Scalability - With automatic discovery, RTI connects thousands of applications across hundreds of machines with almost no configuration required.
- Ease of integration - Utilizing higher-level functionality provided by RTI, developers focus on application logic rather than the details of messaging.
- Ease of deployment - RTI provides a single peer-to-peer messaging infrastructure that can be used across low-latency, persistent and desktop messaging.
RTI Data Distribution Service, Financial Services Edition, is available today for Linux and Windows operating systems.