FactSet Research Systems (NYSE: FDS) (NASDAQ: FDS), a leading provider of integrated financial information and analytical applications to the global investment community, today announced its results for the third quarter of fiscal 2009.
- Revenues grew 5% to $154 million
- ASV declined $8 million to $615 million
- Operating margins rose to 34.5%
- EPS was $0.79, including income tax benefits of $0.06 per share
- EPS grew 22% including 10% related to income tax benefits
- Free cash flow was $64 million, up 39%
- Q4 EPS guidance is $0.73 to $0.75, a 10% increase at the midpoint of the guidance
For the quarter ended May 31, 2009, revenues increased to $154.4 million, up 5% compared to the prior year. Operating income for the third quarter rose to $53.3 million, an increase of 11% from $47.9 million in the same period of fiscal 2008. Operating margins advanced to 34.5%. Net income rose to $38.5 million as compared to $32.5 million a year ago. Diluted earnings per share increased to $0.79 from $0.65 in the same period of fiscal 2008. Included in this quarter's EPS was an income tax benefit of $0.06 per share related to finalizing prior years' tax returns and repatriating foreign earnings to the U.S.
Philip A. Hadley, Chairman and CEO said, "Against the backdrop of a difficult selling environment, FactSet again delivered double-digit EPS growth while continuing to invest for the future. I'm pleased that our fiscal 2009 plan forecasts headcount growth of more than 20%, which we believe will position the Company to be even stronger coming out of this global recession."
Read the full statement here:» Download the document now 40.3 kb (PDF File)