Discover Financial Services (NYSE: DFS) today announced the launch of its Mobile Reminders, the company's latest mobile service solution, designed to help cardmembers stay on top of their accounts and help manage debt better.
This new service allows cardmembers to have more control over their finances and easier access to their Discover Card accounts.
Discover.com registered users can log in and select to receive any of eight Account Activity reminders via text (SMS) message or email. The Mobile Reminders provide cardmembers with important account information that is sent directly to their mobile device.
"We know that many people are extremely busy and are looking for convenient solutions to ensure that they stay on top of their finances. Mobile Reminders enable cardmembers to easily manage their accounts and get account activity updates from wherever they may be, without being in front of a computer," said Sarah Alter, vice president of eBusiness at Discover Financial Services.
Cardmembers can sign up for any of the following Mobile Reminders:
- Statement Available - Notification that your new statement is available to view online in the Account Center.
- Payment Posted - Know exactly when your payments post to your Account.
- Balance Transfer Posted - Know when a balance transfer posts to your Account.
- Merchant Credit/Refund Posted - Know when a merchant credit/refund posts to your Account.
- Minimum Payment Not Received - Get a timely reminder six to seven days before your due date if the minimum payment due has not been received.
- Purchase Exceeds Specified Amount - Learn when any purchase posts to your Account that exceeds a specified amount.
- Balance Exceeds Specified Amount - Learn when your Account balance reaches or exceeds a specified amount.
- Nearing Account Credit Limit - Learn when your Account balance is within a specified amount of your Account credit limit.
Cardmembers can further manage their accounts through Discover.com Mobile, launched earlier this year, which is accessible directly from their mobile phone's browser by visiting m.discover.com. This mobile Web site offers a simplified version of the Discover.com account summary interface and includes the following functionality:
- Make a payment
- View recent transactions
- View recent and pending payments
- View rewards activity
- Enroll in 5% Cashback Bonus® program