Thomson Reuters today announced plans to support the growth in commodities trading through new enhancements made to its multi-asset class transaction service, Reuters Trading for Exchanges.
The major enhancements to Reuters Trading for Exchanges (RTEx) were unveiled today, just ahead of Trade Tech Paris, which extend the service's use beyond the equity markets by featuring spread trading capabilities for commodity instruments, as well as provide seamless integration and click-to-trade functionality from its premium desktops.
As the leading news and information provider to the global commodities markets, the enhancements made to RTEx bring Thomson Reuters commodity clients a complete workflow solution including price discovery, award winning news, market analysis and trade execution with back office output capabilities, all within a single desktop. Its existing exchange traded instrument clients also benefit from new functionality which provide improved workflow and ease of trading.
Mark Redwood, President of Sales & Trading, at Thomson Reuters, said, "As traders move away from more complex structured instruments to their flow businesses and more traditional areas such as commodity and cash markets, the enhancements to RTEx could not be more timely. Thomson Reuters is committed to supporting its customers' needs to lower costs and these enhancements allow our information and transactions customers to extract greater value by having the ability to route orders using our broker-neutral and global distribution network."
RTEx allows the routing of equity, equity derivatives, futures contracts as well as commodity instruments, across its vast and broker neutral order routing network.
Other enhancements to RTEX include:
- Improved use of desktop real estate. Slim lined order tickets, fully customisable workspace
- Order Book - Join the ASK or BID, BUY or SELL or sweep the order book, all at the click of the mouse. 'Panic' Buttons to "Cancel My Buys", "Cancel My Sells" or "Cancel All"
- Bump Buttons - rapidly modify orders using a context sensitive panel of bump buttons. Change limit of of an ordeer to the prevailing market price with a single key stroke
- Spread Trading of futures spreads listed on exchanges including CME, CBOT, EUREX, NYMEX and many more. As well as some specific cross exchange spreads
- Request For Quote functionality for Securitised Derivatives and Spreads
- Indications Of Interest from Tradeweb's AutEx, an industry leader in indications of interest (IOIs) and trade advertisements to the buy side community. Receive filtered, high quality natural IOIs for orders sitting in the blotter
RTEx is available to users of Reuters 3000 Xtra, Reuters Trader and Reuters Trader for Commodities. It provides access to the joint global community of Tradeweb Routing Network and Reuters Order Routing Network, comprising over 1,000 participants worldwide and processing in excess if 1.5 billion shares per day.