Savvis (NASDAQ:SVVS) today announced new connectivity options with Chi-X Canada, a major alternative trading system (ATS) in Canada, and the Turquoise Multilateral Trading Facility (MTF) in Europe.
This builds on recent momentum surrounding connectivity options with NASDAQ OMX Group, Inc., BATS, CME Group and the London Stock Exchange.
The expansion comes in response to growing customer demand for low latency connectivity solutions, and demonstrates Savvis' commitment to investing in financial IT infrastructures that deliver a wide variety of low latency connectivity to the world's leading exchanges.
"The increasing adoption of electronic trading and algorithms by brokers, hedge funds, and traditional asset managers has underscored the need for improved and more reliable execution latency," said David Easthope, Senior Analyst at Celent, a research and consulting firm focused on the application of information technology in financial services. "From cash equities to increasingly the futures and options markets, milliseconds matter."
Low latency Metro Ethernet network and Proximity Hosting solutions have the potential to provide a key competitive advantage for financial market participants with algorithmic trading requirements.
Savvis offers three levels of low latency connectivity to major financial exchanges and liquidity venues. These are fully integrated with Savvis' global IT infrastructure featuring high performance managed network, servers, storage and security.
- Savvis Community of Interest Network (COIN) - low latency exchange connectivity via Savvis' private, managed global financial network.
- Savvis Exchange Express (SEE) - lower latency exchange connectivity via Savvis' private, managed global financial network with direct connections to each exchange via Metro Ethernet.
- Savvis Proximity Hosting (SPH) - an even lower latency connectivity between exchanges and their customers' automated trading systems, via colocation of both sets of infrastructure, typically within a Savvis data center.
Today's announcement outlines Savvis' new connectivity options for the following:
- Chi-X Canada can now be accessed via SAVVIS Exchange Express and globally via Savvis COIN.
- Turquoise is now available in the London metro area via Savvis Exchange Express and globally via Savvis COIN.
"By continuing to diversify into new regions and delivering our enhanced systems and product offerings, we are focused on understanding and responding to the changing market climate," said Varghese Thomas, Savvis Vice President, Financial Services Business Unit. "In today's volatile marketplace, the role of exchanges continues to evolve and our broad portfolio of cost effective, scalable, and managed financial offerings provide the flexibility and bandwidth needed to enhance the competitive investment strategies of our customers."