Visa Europe and Visa Inc. (NYSE: V - News), the world's largest retail electronic payments network1, will be showcasing the latest innovations in payments at the 2009 GSMA Mobile World Congress. In addition, Visa executives will discuss how Visa is helping to drive the convergence of financial services and mobile technology.
Visa will use real life examples to demonstrate how its innovations in mobile payment technologies can enhance consumers' daily lives, providing speed, convenience, security and choice.
Visa mobile product demonstrations will include:
* Visa Mobile on Android: In December, Visa launched the first commercial service in the U.S. that provides mobile offers, transaction alerts and a locator service. Visa Mobile is available on mobile devices powered by Android, including the T-Mobile G1™ phone.
* Mobile Visa payWave: Secure mobile point of sale payments using Visa payWave embedded in a mobile device. Visa will demonstrate both NFC-based and SIM-based contactless payments.
* Mobile Money Transfer: A demonstration of handset-to-handset and online-to-handset money transfer.
* Mobile Transaction Alerts: Near real-time notification of card purchase activity delivered to the mobile device.
* Mobile Offers: Targeted offers and coupons delivered directly to the mobile device and redeemed at near-by merchants.
* Mobile Merchant: Convenient cashless transactions on the move. Mobile merchants, such as a pizza delivery service, can accept Visa payments with the help of enhanced mobile handsets that double as a mobile acceptance device.
* Smart Poster: Co-branded mobile posters, signposting nearby coffee shops with the offer of exclusive mobile 'buy one, get one free' offers.
The Congress is the key global conference and exhibition for the mobile industry and is sponsored by the GSM Association (GSMA). It attracts more than 1,200 exhibitors, and more than 50,000 visitors including key Visa clients and vendors from around the world.
Visa executive speakers at the Mobile World Congress 2009 include:
* Kelly Alpert, Head of Money Transfer Initiative, Visa Inc.
Mobile Money Transfer Seminar
Monday 16th February, 11:00-12:00
* Mary Carol Harris, Head of Mobile, Visa Europe
Monday 16th February, 16:00-16:15 Europe
"PFebruary, 16:00-16:15 Europe
Monday 16th February, 16:00-16:15
* Guido Mangiagalli, VP, Visa payWave and Mobile, Visa Europe
"Mobile Money Forum" (panel discussion)
Tuesday 17th February, 09:00-13:00
* Pam Zuercher, Senior Business Leader, Product Innovation, Visa Inc.
o "Mobile Innovation: Mobile Financial Services" (panel discussion)
Tuesday 17th February, 15:45-16:25
o "Mobile Money Stream: Visa Expert Keynote"
Wednesday 18th February, 14:20 - 14:40
o "Phone to Wallets, the Mobile Money Opportunity" (panel discussion)
Wednesday 18th February, 17:15-17:45