Thomson Financial, an operating unit of The Thomson Corporation and leading provider of information and technology solutions to the worldwide financial community, today announced the launch of Thomson ONE configured for Equity Research, a revolutionary desktop solution that flexibly delivers the critical information and analysis tools equity research departments need via one complete and intuitive interface.
Thomson ONE configured for Equity Research offers comprehensive market data, ownership, analytics, deals, and filings with many additional modules available by subscription. Based on individual workflow needs, Thomson ONE allows all users, from research analysts to assistants, to customize the type of content they need and design a personalized view of the content. In addition users can actively monitor real-time data and be alerted to price movements and breaking news as well as search across multiple databases simultaneously to receive the most in-depth, comprehensive and up-to-date information available.
"After discussions with the equity research community, we realized their need for a desktop solution and we were able to quickly develop the solution by utilizing and reconfiguring existing Thomson products," said Debra Walton, Global Managing Director of Thomson Financial's Investment Banking and Research Group. "Because Thomson ONE configured for Equity Research was developed with a deep understanding of the business, and was built by analysts for analysts, we are confident users will be able to streamline their workflow and access the most relevant content and advanced functionality available in the industry to help them work more efficiently."
Thomson ONE configured for Equity Research's open framework enables users to control their workflow and allows them to integrate proprietary or other third party information. In addition, the platform includes the following components:
- Market Data - Global real-time and/or delayed quotes, options montage, global FOREX real-time cross-rates and global economics and indexes.
- News - Real-time news from Dow Jones, AFX, and many others including periodicals and trade publications.
- Earnings - Thomson FirstCall consensus and historical earnings estimates.
- Events - Thomson StreetEvents - Comprehensive, timely and accurate calendar of corporate events sourced directly from more than 5,500 public companies worldwide.
- Company and Industry Financials - Thomson Worldscope quarterly and annual company fundamental data, Industry ratios and averages.
- Ownership - Institutional, mutual fund, insider, officer, and corporate holdings and transaction data.
- Company and Industry Deals - Thomson Securities Data - Five years of M&A, loans, and equity and bond issues; Global industry-level deals.
- Source Documents - Global corporate filings and annual reports.