Interactive Data Corporation (NYSE: IDC), a leading provider of financial market data, analytics and related services, today announced a suite of enhancements to Market-Q, a Java browser-based, real-time streaming market data desktop terminal for financial institutions.
With this enhanced version of Market-Q, Interactive Data has added new features to allow users to quickly acquire and share information that will assist them in reacting to shifting market opportunities in today's highly volatile global investment marketplace. Equipped with Dynamic Data Exchange (DDE), hot lists, drag-and-drop functionality and a host of other dynamic features, this new version of Market-Q enables users to effectively manage their financial investments.
"This latest iteration of Market-Q is a result of responding carefully to the needs of our users and to the markets, in order to produce a powerful, cost-effective investment tool designed to maximize productivity," said Ray D'Arcy, president of sales and marketing at Interactive Data. "We believe off-trading-floor financial professionals, including retail brokers, wealth managers, financial planners, and traditional back-office users will greatly benefit from these enhancements."
Market-Q can be accessed anywhere in the world via a PC and Web browser, with no software download required. The service combines custom workspaces, interactive charts, an embedded browser for research, option chains, a market depth feature, searchable news, alerts and data export capabilities - all in a single, comprehensive application with a highly intuitive user interface. Competitively priced and easy to use, Market-Q's upgrades and new features are automatic, and require no handling or maintenance from the user. Market-Q is also available as a white label product for customized solutions.
Market-Q's new features include live link data export from Market-Q to Microsoft Excel, in which the data link continuously updates from the Market-Q feed; Market Movers hot lists in 34 categories re-ranked at 30-second intervals, including NYSE, NASDAQ, and AMEX; embedded-browser access to integrated research and additional information, including analyst recommendations, company profile, IPO calendar and other key built-in market information.
Other important enhancements now available in Market-Q include easy drag-and-drop from one window to another or within a window; a wide variety of new weather maps for futures market analysis; default workspaces for brokers, including Market Watch, Broker Watch, Chart Watch, Level 2 and Futures Watch; and immediate visual or email alerts that notify the user when market activity meets defined criteria.
New in this Market-Q Release:
- Dynamic Data Exchange (DDE) for live data export links to Microsoft Excel
- Hot Lists: Market movers in 34 categories re-ranked at 30-second intervals, including NYSE, NASDAQ, AMEX
- Customizable detail window
- Enhanced workspace management
- Selectable window linking
- Embedded-browser research capabilities
- Enhanced filter for Time-and-Sales window
- Support for Treasury formats for Cantor Fitzgerald and GovPx
- Variety of default workspaces for brokers
- Wide variety of new weather maps for futures market analysis
- Drag-and-drop from one window to another or within a window
- Automatic resizing of workspace to screen display size
- Immediate visual or email alerts when market activity meets user-defined criteria