Markit today announced that the Markit iTraxx Asia indices will roll into their ninth series on 20 March and 21 March 2008.
Markit is the owner of the Markit iTraxx indices, and a leading provider of independent data, portfolio valuations and OTC derivatives trade processing to the global financial markets.
Markit iTraxx Asia, a family of synthetic indices referencing the most liquid names in the Asian bond markets, will roll as follows:
Changes to index construction
- Markit iTraxx Asia ex-Japan HY - 20 March 2008
- Markit iTraxx Asia ex-Japan IG - 20 March 2008
- Markit iTraxx Australia - 20 March 2008
- Markit iTraxx Japan Main - 21 March 2008, and
- Markit iTraxx Japan HiVol - 21 March 2008.
The Markit iTraxx Asia ex-Japan Main index and the Markit iTraxx Japan 80 will not roll into Series 9. The decision was taken based on dealer polls conducted by Markit. However Markit iTraxx Asia ex-Japan HY and IG, sub indices of the Markit iTraxx Asia Ex-Japan Main index, will roll on 20 March 2008, having concentrated liquidity since they started trading in September 2007.Changes to index composition
Based on liquidity polls, the following changes have been made to the Markit iTraxx Asia family of indices:
- Two constituents were replaced in both the Markit iTraxx Asia ex-Japan IG and the Markit iTraxx Asia ex-Japan HY.
- Two constituents were replaced in the Markit iTraxx Australia index.
- Four constituents were replaced in the Markit iTraxx Japan Main index and two were replaced in the Markit iTraxx Japan HiVol.