E*TRADE FINANCIAL Corporation (NASDAQ: ETFC) today announced plans to offer greater customization features and enhanced research tools to help customers make informed investment decisions with ease.
Scheduled to roll out in phases over the next 30 days, the expanded tools and services address customer needs for greater knowledge and education about both US and global markets.
"The enhanced portfolio management tools and research capabilities provide our customers an advantage they need - on a global level - to make informed investment decisions," said R. Jarrett Lilien, acting Chief Executive Officer, E*TRADE FINANCIAL Corporation. "E*TRADE continues to build on its core retail competency by investing in areas that will provide the industry's premier trading platform."
The enhanced tools and features include:
- Enhanced Charting Capabilities - With improved layouts and customization capabilities, customers will be able to compare US stock price charts against major indices and industry peers.
- Redesigned "Global Markets" page - New company-specific profiles will be available for stocks listed in Canada, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Japan and the U.K. - the local markets where E*TRADE offers online stock trading in local currencies through its ground breaking Global Trading Platform. The redesign will offer account holders a customizable "Global Markets Overview" page with real-time international stock quotes, index charts, world news, a global watchlist, and more.
- Expanded Mutual Fund Center - Building on the significant enhancements introduced in 2007, the Mutual Fund Center will add research capabilities for customers seeking to match their diversification goals with specific mutual funds, including those looking for international diversification. In addition, by the end of April, customers will be able to conduct searches by categories such as emerging markets, by individual countries, and by sector. In addition, customers will have the opportunity to analyze mutual funds by category, similar to sector and industry research for equities, and by income from fund distributions.
- Power E*TRADE Pro - Improved options charting and analytics for Power E*TRADE Pro users, in which options traders can view options prices, skew, put/call and implied volatility charts. Customers may also view and customize options analytics, including streaming Greeks and implied volatilities. In addition, a new Excel plug-in feature will offer active traders greater customization alternatives as well as the ability to create spreadsheets with unlimited conditional order algorithms using individualized cost basis methodologies. Customers may also submit trade orders from their spreadsheets.
- Redesigned "US Markets" and "Market News" pages - New features and links include Intraday Commentary & Blogs from Seeking Alpha; Daily Trading Ideas from MarketHistory.com; "My Recent Quotes" (the last 10 ticker symbols accessed by the customer); E*TRADE's "Most Frequently Viewed" (daily list of 10 most frequently viewed symbols by E*TRADE customers); and other news.
E*TRADE's investment in improving and building upon its research tools is part of an ongoing initiative to enhance the customer experience and attract new customers.