Advent Software, Inc. (NasdaqGS:ADVS), the leading provider of software and solutions for the investment management industry, today announced the release of Advent Rules Manager, a comprehensive and tightly integrated solution that meets investment management firms' increasingly complex trading compliance and portfolio monitoring requirements, turning compliance into a competitive advantage.
Advent Rules Manager enables Moxy 6.0 users to easily and accurately define their trading and portfolio policies, automates control and review processes, and offers automated recordkeeping and easy reporting that saves time and reduces personnel costs.
"We are very excited about the release of Advent Rules Manager which further strengthens Advent's compliance footprint," said Govind Sandhu, Product Line Manager at Advent. "Advent Rules Manager sets up our clients for success, enabling them to turn their compliance program into an asset for their businesses by eliminating manual compliance tasks, improving compliance accuracy and optimizing trading workflow with pre- and post-trade checking."
At Sentinel Investments, trading compliance was a manual process until the firm decided to implement Advent Rules Manager. Managing approximately $16.8 billion in assets, Sentinel was looking for a comprehensive automated solution for trading compliance and portfolio monitoring.
"The ability to demonstrate good compliance practices has become a competitive necessity," said Deborah Loomis, Investment Operations Manager, Sentinel Investments. "Between SEC regulations and client requirements, compliance has become increasingly complex -- Advent Rules Manager will help us protect our firm's reputation, meet regulatory demands, honor our client commitments and adhere to stated policies."
Senior Analyst Denise Valentine of the Aite Group commented, "Too often, money managers are limited to either an underachieving trade compliance functionality - an afterthought component to a larger portfolio system - or nothing at all. A state-of-the art compliance module provides clients with an unrestricted ability to add, modify and maintain rules and immediately apply new regulations. The system means client independence, comprehensive customization and internal control of a critical function. Going forward, we know compliance and regulatory requirements will only increase. Fortunately compliance technology can make the job easier."
Advent Rules Manager gives clients the power to eliminate compliance uncertainty, with features including:
- Rule Coverage: Easy-to-use rule guide templates enable clients to create rules to automate compliance with investment policies and criteria.
- Proactive Rule Checking: Advent Rules Manager allows clients to know when a trade falls outside of guidelines. Firms can check for breaches in client mandates or industry regulations and prevent violations from occurring.
- Portfolio Holding Checks: As the market fluctuates, so do the value proportions of a firm's holdings. Portfolio holding checks automatically monitor changes in the market to determine whether your portfolio has been affected.
- Compliance Reviews: Advent Rules Manager tracks when rules are created and changed, enabling clients to report on past and present issues and to ensure they are in compliance.
- Rules Management: Advent Rules Manager enables a firm to see which rules were applied, when and by whom to help identify issues and make adjustments when necessary.