24 January 2018
visit www.ebaday.com

Visanet chooses Modulo to automate PCI compliance in Brazil

10 December 2007  |  3352 views  |  0 Source: Modulo

Visanet, Visa's global payment processing network, selected Modulo Risk Manager to have 70 percent of its merchants in Brazil comply with the Payment Card Industry/Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) by the end of 2008.

The rate should reach 100 percent in December 2009, when the period expires for all those who operate with credit cards institute the 12 electronic payment security requirements required by PCI DSS. The new standard is an industry initiative to reduce frauds and make cards transactions safer.

"In order to find new technologies for the PCI compliance program, we researched the market and the best tool we found was Modulo Risk Manager," says Sergio Cloves, Visanet's information security manager. The company began to get internally ready to meet the new standard's requirements in June 2006.

Visanet used questionnaires to analyze risks in 60 internal systems and several third-party providers such as data centers, telecommunications companies, etc. After X-raying partners' internal processes and operations to measure the degree of PCI compliance, it decided to use the same technology to assess PCI compliance in its network of accredited 3,600 establishments, who were divided in two groups: the first includes major retailers, responsible for 80% of credit card payments, and totalizing 340 networks; the second comprises shopkeepers, which process the remaining 20 percent of the transactions.

According to Cloves, Visanet is now working in this phase, and expects that company will comply with all security rules defined by the standard. He says that, by using Modulo Risk Manager, Visanet quickly completed the first phase of process analysis. "We saved precious time because the software was ready for PCI," says Cloves. "Without this tool we couldn't get the job done as planned."

Comments: (0)

Comment on this story (membership required)

Related company news

 

Related blogs

Create a blog about this story (membership required)
visit www.vasco.comvisit www.thomsonreuters.infovisit www.ebaday.com

Top topics

Most viewed Most shared
Banks shift priorities toward growth, digitisation and innovation - surveyBanks shift priorities toward growth, digi...
9838 views comments | 38 tweets | 48 linkedin
Standard Chartered establishes fintech innovation and investment unitStandard Chartered establishes fintech inn...
9517 views comments | 14 tweets | 14 linkedin
Sbanken opens developer portal and invites customers to build their own digital bankSbanken opens developer portal and invites...
8551 views comments | 17 tweets | 11 linkedin
Could distributed ledgers restore the reputation of the MBS market?Could distributed ledgers restore the repu...
7066 views comments | 6 tweets | 9 linkedin
Metro Bank joins digital revolution with instant online account openingMetro Bank joins digital revolution with i...
7046 views comments | 13 tweets | 25 linkedin

Featured job

Competitive base + commission + benefits
UK or Germany

Find your next job