Wolters Kluwer Financial Services announced today the launch of the "Practical Guide to Bank Compliance," a new soft-cover reference book that offers bank compliance professionals in-depth, but easy-to-understand, explanations of key lending and deposit regulations.
By providing readers with comprehensive information for each regulation, the guide can help novice and seasoned compliance professionals alike make well-informed decisions in managing risk at their financial institutions.
The guide complements Wolters Kluwer Financial Services' CCH Banking Compliance Library, an online research database that allows compliance professionals to navigate all U.S. federal banking laws, regulations and reference materials required for bank examination and regulatory compliance.
The Practical Guide to Bank Compliance focuses on the following regulatory topics:
- Equal Credit Opportunity Act and Federal Reserve Regulation B
- Privacy of Consumer Financial Information
- Homeowners Protection Act
- Electronic Fund Transfer Act and Federal Reserve Regulation E
- Insider Lending and Federal Reserve Regulation O
- Home Mortgage Disclosure Act and Federal Reserve Regulation C
- Unfair and Deceptive Acts and Practices and Federal Reserve Regulation AA
- Truth in Savings Act and Federal Reserve Regulation DD
- Consumer Leasing Act and Federal Reserve Regulation M
- Truth in Lending Act and Federal Reserve Regulation Z
"Criminal, financial and reputational penalties that have accompanied recent enforcement actions have put regulatory compliance in the forefront of bankers' minds," said James T. Bork, J.D., LL.M, senior editor of Wolters Kluwer Financial Services' CCH Banking Compliance Library. "By turning to Wolters Kluwer Financial Services for help, banks can be sure they are receiving authoritative information from a source they have come to know and trust over the past several decades."
"As the regulatory environment continues to grow more complex, banks are looking for practical ways to stay on top of the laws and requirements that impact them the most," said Dave Roy, general manager of Banking for Wolters Kluwer Financial Services. "The Practical Guide to Bank Compliance is an effective and affordable way to do so."