The Smart Card Alliance today announced its 2007-2008 board and seven-member executive committee.
"The Smart Card Alliance no longer simply recaps and reports what is happening in the smart card industry; we are influencing the direction and growth of the industry in government, enterprise, transit, banking and healthcare," said Randy Vanderhoof, executive director of the Smart Card Alliance. "The members of the executive committee and board represent key industry leaders across these diverse markets and help shape the direction for the Alliance to play an influential role in North America, Latin America and also internationally."
The new Alliance board of directors held elections for the executive committee at the organization's annual conference this month in Boston. The executive committee will serve in a leadership role for the board and direct the activities of the executive director and the Alliance staff for the year ahead.
The newly elected executive committee includes the following board members:
- Chair, Greg Garback, Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA)
- Vice Chair, Linda Brown, Infineon Technologies
- Treasurer, Bob Wilberger, PricewaterhouseCoopers
- Secretary, Carey Miller, BearingPoint
- Assistant Treasurer, Neville Pattinson, Gemalto
- Assistant Secretary, Gerald Hubbard, Datacard
- Technology Vice Chair, Bryan Ichikawa, Unisys
"We're looking forward to the year ahead, working with Randy Vanderhoof, the industry councils and our fellow Alliance members to accelerate the use of smart card technology," said returning board of directors chair Greg Garback, executive officer of finance for the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA). "Our key objective is to foster the use of smart cards to protect privacy and enhance data security in identity, access, and transportation and financial payment applications."
Other newly elected or returning members to the Alliance board are:
- Alex Giakoumis, Atmel
- Willy Dommen, Booz Allen Hamilton
- Deborah Gallagher, Department of Defense Access Card Office/Defense Manpower Data Center
- Wendy Humphrey, First Data
- Christian Juettner, Giesecke & Devrient
- John McKeon, IBM
- Bray Becker, Lockheed Martin
- Ken Moy, MasterCard
- Iana Bohmer, Northrop Grumman
- Garfield Smith, Oberthur Card Systems
- Brian Triplett, Visa