Nemx Software, leaders in active email control solutions for Microsoft Exchange, today announced availability of SecurExchange version 2.1.
This new offering is designed to address the email content control requirements of those organizations with enterprise scale Exchange environments and that are subject to stringent internal and regulatory compliance rules. Several financial sector customers have already selected SecurExchange for email content control including Magyar Bank, Quest Capital Strategies and Shenkman Capital Management.
For financial services firms like banks, insurance and investment companies, email content control is absolutely crucial. These organizations are subject to a variety of regulatory compliance rules, most also have stringent internal corporate policies designed to enforce acceptable use and protect sensitive information within emails - both externally and internally. Nemx SecurExchange is the only exclusively Microsoft Exchange-based active email control solution to protect 100 percent of email traffic, in/outbound and internal.
"Most vendors' email solutions don't have the ability to monitor internal email, while SecurExchange does," stated John Young, president of Nemx Software Corporation. "This is critical to guarantee enforcement of policies that govern or restrict the internal distribution of information, which most of our customers have, as well as to prevent external information leaks. We are focused on delivering the most comprehensive, flexible and accurate email content control solution available and version 2.1 has been driven by actual customer requirements and suggestions."
New Jersey-based Magyar Bank recently implemented SecurExchange Corporate Edition to monitor and protect all its email communications. "We wanted a single solution that could monitor both our internal and our outbound email traffic. We looked at other alternatives but only SecurExchange did both," said James Mazillo, VP Information Systems, Magyar Bank. "We were also very impressed with the intelligence of the content analysis capabilities of SecurExchange. We are getting fantastiic results with SecurExchange's concept scanning approach in terms of detection accuracy, much better than just key words. Nemx's tight integration with Active Directory and reusable, hierarchical policy model makes administration and policy management much simpler and less time consuming than the rules-based approach used by the other products."
SecurExchange Version 2.1 Features
Many of the enhancements in Version 2.1 are aimed at simplifying and minimizing the administrative and management tasks associated with email content control for Exchange Administrators. SecurExchange 2.1 includes several specific management features for large, multi-server enterprise Exchange environments.
- SecurExchange eliminates the need for multi-configuration maintenance by storing policy item data at the Admin Group or Exchange Organization level. This enables a single SecurExchange configuration to be maintained with all updates and modifications automatically propagated to all Exchange servers within the AdminGroup or Organizationally as appropriate.
- Cluster support has been enhanced to maintain cluster wide information and settings independent of node. This eliminates any special syncing by Exchange Administrators after configuration changes or the use of a shared folder.
- SecurExchange accurately identifies and distinguishes corporate internal email from external (i.e. to an external domain) even when flowing through multiple internal Exchange servers. Policy items are based on an overall organizational perspective not a localized or server-based view.
- SecurExchange inspects attachment file contents to determine its true content type. Renaming the file extension so that restricted/blocked documents can be sent cannot bypass the SecurExchange policies. SecurExchange can even enforce document type policies so that attachment files must match their file name extension type. For instance a ".doc" file attachment must only have an actual Word document file.
- All messages resulting from failures in encrypting or digitally signing messages (due to unavailable public keys, or MS CA errors in generating private keys) can be fully customized and include reason codes, explanatory text, external references (such as web sites), etc).
- Policies can process inbound messages based on encryption and digital signature attributes such as the Certificate Authority and Certificate Status (trusted, valid, expired, revoked) as well as by all the existing SecurExchange mechanisms like content, recipients, sender, subject.
- Auto Searching for public certificates has been further enhanced in v2.1 simplifying and reducing the administration associated with public key issues.
- More flexibility in defining and layout of corporate signatures, disclaimers, branding elements and graphics for policy-based automatic insertion in outbound and internal email.
- "Archive Message" action now provides custom fields so that an organization can tailor reports or other work flow systems appropriately.
- Incrementing variables are now supported to automatically associate a unique reference number to any message action
- The Copy Message action has been enhanced to be completely "covert" in that any Non Delivery Reports (NDR), or Delivery Reports (confirm delivery, confirm receipt) are eliminated.