Richard Fleischman & Associates (RFA), a leader in outsourced IT solutions and the trusted advisor to more than 400 hedge funds, today announced the launch of its newly expanded and upgraded, world-class Tier 3 50,000 square feet managed data center and hot site facility located in Purchase, N.Y.
RFA's new data center offers a full-range of managed IT disaster recovery services that provide complete protection for critical information and systems for hedge funds and investments firms of all sizes.
RFA's complete disaster recovery and business continuity services support the changing needs and continued growth of the financial services industry. RFA's enhanced data center provides increased power supply to run equipment with greater operating requirements and ensures that clients have high availability to disaster recovery in the event of an outage. The data center is secured and monitored 24 hours a day, seven days a week and in time of crisis, RFA clients are operational within minutes.
"Our expanded data center was designed to accommodate our client's demand for growth and to satisfy their evolving technology needs in the event of a crisis," says Richard Fleischman, president of RFA. "RFA's enhanced data center reinforces our commitment to the continued expansion of our organization and furthering our goal to consistently provide our clients with exceptional service."
Key features of RFA's newly upgraded and expanded data center include:
- Overall increase in power facilities, including power generation, to offer clients the ability to host more equipment with higher demand requirements.
- Power generation systems have been enhanced by more than 200% capacity and are fully configured for battery/generator operations to run the entire data center at full load in the event of a power outage.
- Uninterrupted power supply (UPS) systems have been strengthened to five-times the previous capacity to provider longer run time and ensure that customer equipment is up and running in the event of an extended power failure.
- Environmental controls including ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) systems have been improved to regulate temperature and humidity throughout the facility.
- Enhanced split-service redundancies ensure that the office sspace and data center are each supported by UPS and operate independent of each other.
- Internet services are powered by UPS systems and power generator facilities through a direct fiber connection from RFA's Data Center to CableVision/Lightpath's Telecommunications Data Center in Hawthorne, N.Y. Customers subscribing to RFA's business continuity services are completely independent of outside telecom companies.
- Premium, executive style office space configurable to accommodate any size client in need of business continuity space. The office space is equipped with a secure Internet, phone, fax, Polycom video conferencing, two conference rooms and projector and includes access to two on premise cafeterias and a wellness center. This exclusive space will be shown by appointment only to RFA clients.
RFA plans to implement a second phase of upgrades to the data center in Purchase, N.Y. with completion expected in the first quarter of 2008.