Zecco Holdings (Zecco), the company behind free stock trading site, Zecco.com, announced today that Barry Fischer has joined the company as General Counsel, while also serving as Chief Compliance Officer for the Zecco.com brokerage, Zecco Trading.
Mr. Fischer brings more than 20 years experience to the position, and is the latest industry veteran to join the growing executive team, which has added five senior-level professionals with a combined century of industry experience since the brokerage launched last autumn.
"With our exceptional growth since launching Zecco.com last year, the value that such a strong and experienced leader brings to Zecco Trading is immeasurable," said Jeroen Veth, Zecco's CEO. "Barry will ensure that we continue to adhere to all SEC, NASD and exchange regulations while allowing us to provide our members with the free trading and other brokerage services they expect."
Most recently, Mr. Fischer was the President and Chief Operating Officer of JB Oxford & Co. and its sister brokerage, National Clearing Corporation, holding that position from 2001 - 2007. Mr. Fischer began his career as a private practice attorney in 1986 with a focus on the nascent discount brokerage industry, practicing independently until 1998, when he left to join Brown and Co. (now part of E*TRADE) as General Counsel and Chief Compliance Officer.
"Since the mid-1980s, the level and complexity of industry regulation and oversight has increased substantially, making it crucial for companies like Zecco to be as diligent as possible in monitoring and following developments on the compliance side," said Mr. Fischer. "With Zecco, the entire executive team has the opportunity to build an innovative company that's not just a brokerage, but also a hub for financial information and social networking. Doing that within the proper regulatory framework is essential."
In addition to Mr. Fischer's appointment, Zecco has rounded out its core executive team with a number of other recent hires, who bring nearly 100 years of cumulative experience to the company:
- Nicholas Gianniotis, Chief Technology Officer, joined Zecco in August 2006. Nick has over 20 years experience leading the development of high performance trade and trade support systems at companies such as CSFB, Lehman Brothers, and JP Morgan Securities.
- Frank O'Conner, former Chief Operating Officer of Brown and Co., joined Zecco as Director of Brokerage Products, guiding the development of innovative new investment products.
- Gabriel Dalporto, Chief Marketing & Strategy Officer, joined Zecco in January 2007 from E*TRADE, where he served as Vice President of Marketing.
- Sabin Speiser, Director of Sales and Marketing, joined Zecco in July 2006 from his marketing consultancy where he guided the product development and marketing strategy for web initiatives by Wells Fargo and Charles Schwab.
- Jeana Wong, Marketing Director, joined Zecco in April 2007 from Charles Schwab, where she led the acquisition and retention efforts and a series of major regulatory initiatives for the Schwab International and Multicultural business.
"These important new additions to the Zecco team illustrate the company's growth and expansion, capitalizing on individual investors' desire for zero commission trading," said Mr. Veth. "Each of our new executives joined Zecco with the belief that zero commission trading is the future of the financial industry. They bring to our company the experience, passion and industry knowledge needed to ensure Zecco is a leader in the online brokerage business for many years to come."
Zecco anticipates additional growth as it prepares to roll out ZeccoShare - its social networking component - during the next quarter.