Calypso Technology, (Calypso) a leading provider of capital markets trading software solutions today unveiled Version 9.0 of the Calypso suite of solutions.
Enhancements in all solution areas build upon Calypso's innovations in trading, risk management and processing for derivatives, treasury and securities.
Calypso Version 9.0 includes several new innovations that distinguish Calypso from other providers in the capital markets space. These include:
- Calypso eXSP now enables clients to configure Instrument Masters for exotic structures without any coding. Embedded in each Instrument Master is its generic calculation rules and trade entry panel, so that at time of trade, the trader just needs to select the best-fit Master, modify to match unique specifics such as indexes or spreads, and then book the trade. The new structure is fully and instantly incorporated within Calypso as a standard trade. Calypso eXSP provides unrivalled product coverage while enabling clients to control when and where to bring new products to market.
- Calypso ERS (Enterprise Risk Service) now includes a complete real-time limits solution. Built upon the state-of-the-art web-based infrastructure of ERS, the limits module enables enterprise-wide monitoring of settlement, exposure and issuer limits.
- The Calypso Credit Derivatives solution now includes a unique CDO structuring & analysis tool that enables the creation of a bespoke portfolio, pricing of the complete capital structure, enables substitutions and manages the trades affected by substitutions. Markit certification guarantees the quality of integration work for their data. In addition, credit contingency features have now been added to all OTC products.
- Calypso's underlying infrastructure has also been modified to ensure it remains at the cutting edge of software development. The use of clustering for data servers ensures maximum availability of the solutions, and the Calypso database schema is now defined in XML to simplify the upgrade process. Additions of new server-side components thin the Calypso client applications further.
- The new Calypso Asset Management Module adds functionality meeting the specific requirements of asset managers to the leading sell-side capital markets solutions. The module enables fund and strategy configuration and associations, the ability to trade funds, position configuration and look-through analysis.
"Our highly-skilled engineering team has excelled in enhancing the Calypso functionality and infrastructure with Calypso Version 9.0", said Charles Marston, CEO of Calypso Technology, "We have made several of the enhancements in conjunction with various clients' input and the market feedback to Calypso Version 9.0 has been extremely positive to date. The innovations demonstrate that Calypso is still the next generation provider for capital markets trading."