Teradata, a division of NCR Corporation (NYSE:NCR), the global leader in data-warehouse-driven enterprise analytics, announced today that UK-based Norwich Union, an Aviva company and the world's fifth-largest insurance group, has selected Teradata to provide the customer relationship management (CRM) software required to manage its Customer Value Management (CVM) Program.
Norwich Union selected Teradata CRM modules Communication Manager and Communication Director as well as Teradata Professional Services and the Financial Services Logical Data Model. This agreement extends the existing relationship with Teradata that recently developed the data warehousing platform to support Norwich Union's innovative and rapidly growing "Pay As You Drive" insurance product initiative.
Through the CVM program Norwich Union is seeking to:
- Transform the culture within Norwich Union and its RAC (Roadside Assistance Company) where insight from their customers is used to drive an integrated approach across proposition development, pricing and marketing communications
- Develop a single customer view both within and across the RAC and Norwich Union brands
- Develop marketing planning at a customer level that improves relationships across multiple brands and the full range of customer contact channels
- Create a world-class analytic capability to drive timely, relevant and profitable communications with customers
- Harmonize customer information systems and processes across brands and products
Norwich Union and Teradata will also partner with Ogilvy One Worldwide (part of the WPP Group), through its recently launched "Ogilvy Engage" operation to help deliver the cultural change needed to move towards a customer-centric organization.
"We are very excited to be building on the existing relationship with Teradata to deliver what will be a huge step change for Norwich Union and how we interact with our customers," said Lindsay Forster, director of marketing services for Norwich Union Insurance. "We look forward to working with both Teradata and Ogilvy One to truly transform our customer planning, communications and relationships."
Teradata CRM solutions have a proven track record of quickly and effectively resolving industry-specific business challenges such as customer value, acquisition, growth and retention -- while also generating rapid and dramatic return on investment. Teradata's Professional Services organization provides the world's deepest consulting expertise on enterprise data warehousing.
"Teradata is proud that Norwich Union has increased its confidence and investment in our data-warehouse-driven solutions for customer management," said Herman Wimmer, area vice president for Teradata in Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
Teradata announced in October 2006 that Norwich Union had selected the global enterprise data warehousing leader to provide an active data warehouse platform for sophisticated management of enterprise intelligence.