As part of its ongoing commitment to provide active traders the tools and resources they require, Charles Schwab today launched enhancements to StreetSmart.com, its easy to use web-based trading platform.
Schwab's upgraded web-trading experience now includes a simplified layout with easier-to-use charts and a quick access panel where traders can quickly view real-time index movements, quotes, trades, order status and account information.
StreetSmart.com, launched in 2005, is integrated directly into the Schwab.com website, giving active traders web-based access to Schwab's industry-leading trading tools and account management functions. Both StreetSmart.com and StreetSmart Pro, the firm's software application, are designed specifically for Schwab clients who trade 9 or more times per quarter and are available to qualified clients at no additional cost.
"Active traders are among Schwab's most valuable and most sophisticated clients, and they demand the highest quality trading tools and services," said Rich Levine, Active Trading Client Experience Vice President for Charles Schwab. "The enhancements to StreetSmart.com are a direct result of client feedback and are representative of our ongoing commitment to provide clients with superior tools and technology that are easy-to-use, as well as knowledgeable service, actionable research and education - all at a competitive price."
StreetSmart.com allows qualified clients access to real-time streaming news and data, interactive charting, Level II quotes, ECN books and in-depth proprietary research. StreetSmart.com also enables users to easily manage all of their accounts and trading activity, providing the mobility, speed and convenience that support active trading.
Additional enhancements to StreetSmart.com include:
- Options chains updated with real-time streaming data
- Good Til Cancelled (GTC) Trailing Stop Orders on open equities positions to protect profits and limit losses by automatically adjusting a client's exit price as the value of the security increases
- Symbol Entry Field Drop-Down Menus for quicker and easier access to the most recent securities viewed and/or traded
- Improved capabilitllities for traders to print breaking news and important data that could impact their individual trading strategies
- Support of the Microsoft Vista Operating System