FutureTrade, a leading independent provider of multi-asset and algorithmic trading services, today announced that it had achieved record revenues and volumes in 2006 - continuing a 4 year trend.
The firm grew its US equities trading volumes by 25%, growing at twice the rate of the major US equities exchanges. FutureTrade's options trading business was up by 36% as more of their equities clients began to take advantage of the platform's multi-asset capabilities. Algorithmic trading grew by 73%, driven by the addition of innovative algorithms such as the Block algorithm which accesses major dark pools of liquidity. Volume from partners who white label the FutureTrade platform under their LiquidityPath program grew by 52% as several established relationships began to accelerate their roll-out of the platform to their clients and several new partnerships were signed.
"We were pleased to have grown in each of our focus areas during 2006," said Murray Finebaum, CEO of FutureTrade. "With the softness in the US equity market volume, we are focused on continuing to grow our Option, Algorithms and LiquidityPath Partner businesses. We expect the strong growth in these areas to continue in 2007 and to see even stronger growth from our new ability to execute in international markets."
FutureTrade announced their latest version, 4.0, in December. Significant enhancements to the FutureTrade platform in version 4.0 are:
- Enter international symbols using any of several recognized standards
- Trade equities and options through a single integrated user interface
- Trade equity lists, pairs, option spreads, sweeps and buy/writes
- Identify and display the base currency of a portfolio which includes positions in multiple currencies
- Access a suite of popular algorithms, directly access ECN's and exchanges or route orders to preferred brokers