The UK's Emerging Payments Association has launched an incubator for early stage companies in the payments industry.
The Catalyst provides access to investors, workspace, mentors and commercial partners in association with MasterCard and The Bancorp.
The incubator is targeting new entrants to the fintech industry, mostly founder-owned and with a combined investment and revenue between £0.5m and £2m in the last twelve months.
Six payment companies - from Bulgaria, Germany, Hungary and the UK - have already been selected for the programme:
- Cashwave, an international remittance company
- Cubits, a mobile wallet and Bitcoin business
- DigiSeq, an NFC wearables business
- Pannovate, an augmented reality company
- Peak Financial Services, a programme manager
- W2, online screening tools