19 January 2017
visit http://www.wolterskluwerfs.com

SIX Payments Services glitch sees card transactions booked twice

29 January 2014  |  3293 views  |  0 Card reader

SIX Payments Services has apologised to Swiss and Liechtenstein customers for a snafu last week which resulted in debit card transactions being booked twice.

The technical problem meant that not only were transactions from Tuesday booked on Wednesday night as planned but also for a second time the following night.

However, SIX says that no payments were executed twice, meaning that there were no duplicate cash flows and that no customers suffered any losses.

The affected banks have already reversed 99.93% of the double bookings, with the remaining 0.07% set to be fixed over the next few days.

SIX has not revealed how many payments were affected but the firm processes around 1.4 million transactions involving Swiss and Liechtenstein debit cards a day.

Comments: (0)

Comment on this story (membership required)

Finextra news in your inbox

For Finextra's free daily newsletter, breaking news flashes and weekly jobs board: sign up now

Related stories

TSB chief uses Twitter to blame HP server for IT meltdown

TSB chief uses Twitter to blame HP server for IT meltdown

27 January 2014  |  8310 views  |  5 comments | 12 tweets | 8 linkedin
Tesco glitch locks RBS and NatWest cards

Tesco glitch locks RBS and NatWest cards

03 January 2014  |  8111 views  |  3 comments | 6 tweets | 6 linkedin
JPMorgan Chase glitch sees cardholders double charged

JPMorgan Chase glitch sees cardholders double charged

04 April 2012  |  7231 views  |  0 comments

Related company news

 

Related blogs

Create a blog about this story (membership required)
http://www.financialcrimerisk.fiserv.com/aml?r=finextravisit wavestone.co.ukVisit contisgroup.com

Top topics

Most viewed Most shared
Banks face big profit loss to digitisation - McKinseyBanks face big profit loss to digitisation...
15173 views comments | 85 tweets | 106 linkedin
Blockchain impact timeline speeds up, massive cost savings forecastBlockchain impact timeline speeds up, mass...
13622 views comments | 39 tweets | 36 linkedin
Seven banks plan blockchain platform for SMEsSeven banks plan blockchain platform for S...
12200 views comments | 48 tweets | 42 linkedin
Accenture beats Brexit blues with largest-ever London startup programmeAccenture beats Brexit blues with largest-...
10456 views comments | 30 tweets | 20 linkedin
hands typing furiouslyBlockchain: Time To Get Your Feet Wet
7241 views 0 | 23 tweets | 9 linkedin

Featured job

to Six-Figure Base, Bonus, Benefits
London, UK

Find your next job