27 September 2016
Business Intelligence: A Tech Revolution for the Evolution in Compliance

NTT DoCoMo and McDonald's in m-payments joint venture

27 February 2007  |  6853 views  |  0 D600 mobile

Japanese telco NTT DoCoMo is teaming with McDonald's to enable payment for purchases via customer mobile phones.

NTT DoCoMo subscribers will be able to pay for purchases at McDonald's stores in Japan using the Osaifu Keitai mobile phone payment system on their hand sets.

Under the deal McDonald's and NTT DoCoMo will establish a joint venture company in July that will deliver e-marketing campaigns to DoCoMo customers.

McDonald's will provide 70% of the Y300 million required for the JV, with DoCoMo providing the remaining 30%.

In a statement the parties say the new company "will integrate the customer bases comprised of McDonald's 1.4 billion annual customers and DoCoMo's 52 million mobile phone subscribers".

The company will also oversee the roll out of DoCoMo's iD platform for mobile payments and the ToruCa information-capture service at McDonald's stores, which will begin in in October 2007.

Comments: (0)

Comment on this story (membership required)

Finextra news in your inbox

For Finextra's free daily newsletter, breaking news flashes and weekly jobs board: sign up now

Related stories

KDDI to add JCB e-payments system to mobile phones

KDDI to add JCB e-payments system to mobile phones

23 August 2006  |  5363 views  |  0 comments
NTT DoCoMo launches mobile credit payment service

NTT DoCoMo launches mobile credit payment service

04 April 2006  |  5239 views  |  0 comments
NTT DoCoMo buys into retailer Lawson to expand use of wallet phones

NTT DoCoMo buys into retailer Lawson to expand use of wallet phones

29 March 2006  |  5593 views  |  0 comments
McDonald's to accept contactless Paypass cards

McDonald's to accept contactless Paypass cards

18 August 2004  |  7918 views  |  0 comments
Find out moreVisit www.abe-eba.euFind out more

Who is commenting?

A Finextra member Finextra Member Commented on: PSD2 - opportunities,...
A Finextra member Finextra Member Commented on: R3 banks use Intel dis...

Top topics

Most viewed Most shared
RBS tests demonstrate ability of Ethereum to support a national domestic payments systemRBS tests demonstrate ability of Ethereum...
13835 views comments | 54 tweets | 47 linkedin
Swift beware: Ripple signs banks to global payments steering groupSwift beware: Ripple signs banks to global...
8653 views comments | 32 tweets | 17 linkedin
Banks clubbing together to tackle KYCBanks clubbing together to tackle KYC
7148 views comments | 3 tweets | 8 linkedin
FCA to kickstart sandbox with 24 applicantsFCA to kickstart sandbox with 24 applicant...
7144 views comments | 33 tweets | 15 linkedin
Brexit offers exciting opportunities for growthBrexit offers exciting opportunities for g...
7045 views comments | 4 tweets | 3 linkedin

Featured job

Find your next job